You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Improve Your English

What is the meaning of this word?

Occasionally I write posts/answers in another website. In that particular website, I have been regularly noticing a particular word: 'badass'. Although fairly common in that site, I have not seen this word in any other place-in newspapers, periodicals, books or in ISC. When I am typing this word here, there is a red underline indicating wrong spelling/wrong word.

I am little bit confused. What is the meaning of this word? Is it a slang? Is it an American word? What is the usage of this word in sentences? What is the synonym of this word?

Knowledgeable Members may kindly clear my confusion. Would it be appropriate if I use this word in daily conversation/writing?
    Yes, it's a slang. So far to my knowledge, the word actually 'Bad Ass' is used as badass which means a stubborn donkey. The word is used for mean-tempered ones / trouble-makers / stubborn ones etc.
    -----------------
    Thanks & Regards
    Kalyani

It is new word as far as I am concerned too. As explained in the response by Kalyani I also consider the same as a slang. However, I feel that such slangs may be avoided in popular sites while corresponding. Of course this is not quoted from India Study Channel.
    T.M.Sankaran
    Gold Member ISC

[Response removed by Admin. Read forum policies.]
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

[Response removed by Admin. Read forum policies.]
    Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

I also go with lead Editor. I was discussing about this Word with mu colleagues to day after seeing the post. They were also expressing the same meaning as a strong person
    drrao
    always confident

Sincere thanks to Ms. Kalyani for the valuable information.
    Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.