You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Help people in need - it denotes a sign of Humanity

We should always try to help some one in need - either emotionally or physically. If we help someone, we show our gratitude towards them, we show that we respect every individual and see every person with same view. When we help someone, it gives us our self a great feeling of happiness, a feeling of strength.
    Today I was watching a video by Manisha Koirala, she was speaking at an event in Jaipur, she we telling about her struggle that she went through when she was suffering from cancer and how she fought with it, to gain life back. She quoted that there was nobody to help her but just her parents during that time. But every week, there was a lady who used to come to the hospital and used to spend time with her, just to make her happy and change her mood for sometime. She also quoted that the lady was unknown to her , not any fan or not even a friend of her. But just a normal human being. Do we thought why she went to her and tried to made her happy during her hardest time? She replied, I am doing this because "Similarly, you also do this with somebody else".
    We should always try to contribute in tough times of others, it reduces the pain of the other person and also increases their hope of living. It pays nothing to be kind and generous with people you meet. It shows the sign of gratitude.

Do what inspires you !!

As human being is a social animal, he/she must sincerely try to help others. I personally feel that in school, we must be taught to study the activities of ants and bees very minutely. If we study the activities of these two remarkably social animals, we will learn the value of mutual co-operation and help.
    Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

I am glad that the author has posted this thread. In today's self centered world of humans this is the need of the hour. Lending a helping hand. Mother Teresa has eloquently said. If you can't feed hundred people, at least feed one!

I'm a great fan of self-help books and at the risk of repeating myself, I borrow Mitch Albom's quote. Once you learn how to die, then you learn how to live. Like Manisha Koirala's video, this book is about a terminally ill professor teaching his student about the lessons of life and good human values.

We all can practice this but it's easier said than done. It's making a start that always is the most difficult point. I remember a little book given to my school going child abroad. It was 'good deeds book'. It included

1. helping mother in kitchen
    2. helping father at car wash
    3.giving medicines to grandparents
    4. buying bread and milk for a senior citizen next door
    5. sharing a chocolate at school with someone who's not your friend
    6. parting with your favorite cuddly toy for a night, giving it to your younger brother or sister

Every 5 day week the child has to get tick marks with a parent signing next to it.

To some it may sound silly but that book comes to my mind whenever i come across a story like this in tvs or newspapers. Image a list like this given to every 5 year old child at school or home, I'm sure a few years later there will a whole lot of hands that are willing to help people without expecting anything in return.

I always make a point to visit those who are being treated in the hospitals. You may miss the marriage celebration, or birthday party, but never miss a person who is in hospital because he expects you and seek your blessings or well wishing. I can understand the expectation of every patient daily as they would be eagerly waiting for that 4 to 6 pm time during which visitors are allowed and they can exchange their views. And if we fail to visit during that time, the patient feels much and that cannot be told here nor measured. You need not help with money, just few words of get well soon and happy life there after would sooth them. And in case of Actress Manisha Koirala I felt very sorry as to why the film fraternity has disowned her in times of need. Very bad on the part of those who acted as co -stars. I am even finding fault with Kamala Hassan who chose to ignore her when she was suffering from cancer.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

My mother always said, people do things for their own, but real goodness is in helping or doing for people we do not know.

The Bible has a beautiful passage, which I share below -

Matthew 25:35-40
    "For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.'

Then the righteous will answer him, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?'

The King will reply, 'Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me."

There is a hymn that reflects the same beautiful thoughts –

Whatsoever you do to the least of my brothers

"A love affair with knowledge will never end in heartbreak" - Michael Garrett Marino

In railway stations and similar public places we see a counter with a display 'May I help you', in that counter they will explain or guide only when we ask them and not volunteer. But to my bitter experience, if I do help by my own, they insult or ignore. In spite of this, I do by my own. One day when I travel in the bus, a person, sat by my side asked me whether this bus would stop in the Pallikkaranai. I replied 'yes' and when the bus reached the stopping, I told that we reached the stopping by assuming that he would get down. But that man sullen on me and got down in another stopping.

Helping others in need is the greatest virtue of all human beings. It doesn't need much effort, time or money on one's part but what needs is the willingness to be helpful and cooperative.
    I have read a very famous poem named 'Somebody's Mother' written by Mary Dow Brian wherein an old woman tries to cross a busy road but cannot do so because of heavy traffic. Many people pass by but nobody bothers to help her. A group of little children were returning from school. One of the children went ahead and extended his helping hand to the old lady. On return, he said to his friends that if my mother is in need of help and someone helps her how nice it would be! She must also be somebody's mother so it is our duty to help her.
    What a great thought!
    We should remember that if we help someone today, God would be pleased and we would also be helped when in need.

I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep.

Helping hands are always better than praying lips. When you go to a temple and pray God and put some money in the Hundi. the God may not be very happy and he may or may not bless you. When you come out of the temple, you find some people begging. If you just give them ten rupees, the God in the temple will be very happy with you and he will bless you. When you finish your lunch the remnants you will be throwing out. In stead if you give it to a street beggar, he will eat and bless you. The clothes you are discarding will be an attraction for a tricycle puller in the village. If you give it to him, he will bless you. All these actions will shows your humanity. Help the people who are in need. If a blind man wants to cross the road, if you help him by holding his hand, he will be happy. You are not losing anything but you are showing your humanity. Try to help always to the extent possible to the needy. You will get definitely benefited by these actions.
    A good thread by the author. Start your human nature from your house itself by helping your elders in the house. That will be a good beginning.

drrao
    always confident

• Sign In to post your comments