You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: IndiaStudyChannel.com

Unsung heroes of ISC.

There are several senior members in this site who provide valuable suggestions to new members and members like us through forum messages and responses. They are really assets to ISC. They may not be in editorial positions but definitely work like them sometimes extending an extra help. I have got help from various such members. To remember now I would mention K Mohan, Venkateswaran and Partha Kansabanik who have helped me apart form the editors of this site. I thank them from deep.
    Definitely, everyone of us must have had similar experiences and feel the same way for some members like them. Let us celebrate our unsung heroes.
    Yes, I agree with you Gokul Sir ,Mr. K Mohan, Mr. Venkateswaran and Mr. Partha Kansabanik. all 3 people are unsung hereos , and I would also like to add one more name here "Dr. N.V Srinivasa Rao". They always give commendable and useful messages to everyone's posts. It has only been two months since I joined ISC's forum and whatever I post these people are always there and giving some or the other valuable message regarding the subject. Due respect for all of you. We need more of your all guidance to keep moving ahead.
    A positive attitude will lead to positive results.

excellent thread that the author has written that has two worthy points

1. Unsung heroes: India is full of unsung heroes(men and women) who work selflessly for the betterment of people and the society. the village school teacher, the farmer; the forest security guards, the policemen, the army personnel who for a meager salary work long hours risking their lives so that the common man can sleep safely.I can go on endlessly but the point is in every profession or service there are many unsung heroes who are never heard because their voice is not that loud, they are ignored and they don't mind someone else taking credit for their work. I must admit the media and people are slowly bringing these heroes to the public.

2. Contributions of seniors. In this materialistic world, often the older one becomes the less financially he or she is useful to an organisation, company or team. But the true fact is experience is something that cannot be bought from the shelf or gained by surfing the net. Malcolm Gladwell, well known in the management circles has said that it takes 10,000 hours of practice and dedication to become and expert in one's field. Although some feel that its outdated, it gives an idea of how experience is gained.

Lastly, Knowledge gained is a hidden treasure if one doesn't share it. To share knowledge one doesn't need to be an authority, one just needs the right mix of experience, confidence and levelheadedness. There are umpteen examples of better solutions given by local people to a particular public problem than a well staffed committee of government officials.

I am compelled to respond to this thread because I find my name mentioned there.

Though it may appear as rude not to thank the feelings and sentiments the thread author or any other respondent has expressed in my favour, let me make it once more clear that I feel really embarrassed .
    In my real life, I am a very low profile person. To the maximum possible extent I lead a simple and non-complicated life. I still hold the many( probably obsolete) core values . In the social media- I am participating mainly ISC only- I do not use harsh words even against those who have adverse opinion with me, as far as possible I try to encourage and help others, I generally avoid flattery and keep appreciation to the limits of honest and encouraging level. To the maximum extent when I give answers to the questions and doubts, I give my view and answers mostly based on my learning, exposure and experience-rather than on the spot reference and scribbling something. Probably one or more of these would have attracted a few to my writings. I honour their genuine support .

To give my view in this thread without giving focus to any names mentioned in the thread, I stand in concurrence with Natarajan. I quote his lines which are similar to my stand on this regard.:

"in every profession or service there are many unsung heroes who are never heard because their voice is not that loud, they are ignored and they don't mind someone else taking credit for their work.". I had met and benefited from many such unsung heroes.
    " it takes 10,000 hours of practice and dedication to become and expert in one's field. Although some feel that its outdated, it gives an idea of how experience is gained. " Hours of practice are actually uncountable. Many had to keep awake when their peers were blissfully sleeping.

" Knowledge gained is a hidden treasure if one doesn't share it. To share knowledge one doesn't need to be an authority, one just needs the right mix of experience, confidence and levelheadedness.". It is said that when somebody donates, he has to thank the donee, for having given an opportunity for a noble act. If someone is learning from me, I have to thank that person, because he has given me an opportunity to enrich and use my knowledge and avoid stagnation of knowledge.

Knowlede is something that has characteristics :
    " Na chora haryam, .....vyate krite vardhate .... .." ( Education or knowledge is the only asset that thieves cannot steal, King cannot confiscate, relatives cannot divide,..but that can grow with every spend.)

As the Rig Veda says "Let noble thoughts come from every side". ISC and its members are also knowledge sources.

Thanks for the frank post Venkiteswaran Sir, i'm writing this only because you mentioned a nearly forgotten virtue - Core values on one's self. every one of us have a right to be who we are without any pretense, the core values are something we stand for. I have given up a few things in life as they went against my core values. Although I've faced some hardships, my core values have not changed as that's my true inner self.

Well we are also ordinary members like you and every one. The only difference that we have joined at the initial date and sticking to the site and gaining experience on daily basis and by virtue of it, we ought to guide new members with the knowledge and information available with us. By the way what is the use of this life when you wont pass the information you have to others. By sulking and concealing the talent within you, you are not only spoiling your age , exposure to the world but also denying others the basic information and matter with you. ISC is the great platform to share and enrich knowledge and we are also doing the same and I am one of them. I am overwhelmed and humbled to see my name also mentioned as one of the unsung heroes of this site. Nothing like that , over the period of time if every one is regular and consistent, they would also become a pillar and a member to remember for ever.

K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Frankly speaking, I am embarrassed when my name appears with Mr. Mohan and Mr. Venkiteswaran, from whom I received tremendous help during my initial days of ISC. Another reason for feeling embarrassed is that still now I don't know many rules of ISC. For example, I didn't know even ten days ago that while calculating RSB, the points earned by an article are doubled. Only yesterday I read the detailed terms & conditions of ISC which were mentioned in a response of Ms. Vandana, our ME.

I personally feel that the Forum section of ISC is very vibrant and attractive. Every new Member gets attracted to this vibrant and colourful section. So, the Members who are active in Forum section, get more attention and are easily noticed.

To me, some of the unsung heroes of ISC are: Mr. Ravi Shankar, Mr. M.K., Mr. Babu Saroj and Ms. Vimala who are very active and consistent in other Sections of ISC.

Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

I thank Pooja Srivastava for her good words. Learning is continuous process in our life. The teacher can learn from his student. A parent can learn from his child. A senior can learn from a junior. That is the beauty of knowledge.It depends on the individual's thinking. You have an interest of learning. So you are trying to learn. That is your speciality. There is nothing great in my postings. Education is one which will not come down or reduce as you share it or distribute it. In fact it will improve the knowledge of both the parties. Recently i have seen many new members are posting very nice, knowledgeable posts here which are really education for me. Some beautiful questions are being asked which are giving a chance to refer books and ultimately gaining knowledge. So this for mutual benefit. There are no seniors and juniors ( With a request to senior members of ISC to excuse me). All post which are good will teach something to others. Let us continue the journey as long as we can.
    drrao
    always confident

And everybody has forgotten Kailash Kumar who was the topper in forum section for many months and he discontinued coming here since many months now. He also writes nicely and has good fan following.
    K Mohan

Let me speak straight. The contributors who are not bothered for awards/rewards, AdSense revenue or RSB and not given any editorial responsibility, yet they maintain their cool and continue contributing are the true unsung heroes.

Coming to the 'trio' you mentioned in the thread have their place in ISC for their active contribution and guidance and their services are noteworthy.

Regards,
    Jagdish

This thread is about my own feelings i have from ISC as a family and I thought the members I have mentioned have helped me in understanding the site and enriching my content apart from wonderful editorial team of this site. This was particularly after I requested such help in one my previous post. Of course my contribution is microscopic in various other sections of ISC and non starter in several sections. But obviously forum gives lot of oppurnity for re analysis on our content by criticisms and suggestions. It gives good start to post in other sections. As part of ISC we couldn't have the opportunity to meet personally and hence this post to express my gratitude. I am sorry for any embrassment caused. Of course there are several other members who have contributed selflessly and have helped in making the experience in this site a memorable one for several other members.

#608626.. agree with on most of your reply sir.
    Being new to ISC, it has given me the pleasure of knowing so many of fellow ISC members, although there is often no face and physical meeting. It's like a gathering of people from various ways of life but all have something in common. People look to expand their social circles, make new friends, this is similar to that with the USP being enriching each other's knowledge
    As far as awards, it's like a merry go round, today it'll be Mr or Mrs.X, tomorrow it will be Mr./Mrs.Y.. it keeps changing, what will and should remain constant is our meaningful contributions and interactions and the mutual respect we have for each other.

Gokul by the way no one meets here personally nor exchange their pleasantries. All of us are on line friends and that bonding gets intensified with more writing and interactions here.
    K Mohan

• Sign In to post your comments