You must Sign In to post a response.
Fabulous response to our monthly topic-based TOW for August! Time to doff our hats to the winners....
  • Category: Winners

More or less good entries for Topic TOW of August 2017! The winners are....

....a lot of them! We've decided to disburse more prizes & cash awards than is usually announced for the monthly topic-based TOW contest. The reason - fabulous response from enthusiastic ISCians, with 25 valid entries and many quite good ones. Thank you for the overwhelming response to this TOW.

So here are the list of winners -
    The top prize of Rs.60/- goes jointly to:
    Jignesh Vora for his thread What gives greater pleasure, having more or less?
    ~ What beautiful thoughts, conveyed in a good style. Looking forward to some great contributions from this newbie's keyboard (ISC ka dil mange more from you!)

and

Neelam Joshi for her thread More or Less everyone learns to compromise
    ~ Adjusting & making concessions is something that we often need to do, as rightly communicated through the words in this thread.

The special prize of Rs.40/- goes to the following members:
    Jeets for More or less it is we who are responsible to create criminal Baba
    ~ Centered on the current happenings, very lucidly brings out who is really ultimately responsible for encouraging such people.

Venkiteswaran for More or less, matters in how we live- for benefit of others or for our own selfishness
    - Well said, especially the ending motto, revealing quite well what is the need of the hour.

Jagdish for Mistakes are part of human; more or less, they are the lessons of the life
    ~ Indeed yes, we need to learn from mistakes & move on. A good lesson in this thread.

Additionally, this time we are giving consolation prizes as well, of Rs.30/- to:
    K Mohan for Why we ask for little more and never less even though the vendor serves with the right weight?
    ~ A simple theme, but spot on! It does indicate nicely our natural tendency to be eager to get just a wee bit more...

Nomita Mitra for Life is not always more or less the same
    ~ The theme is brought out unusually through a short story of friendship.

GeeKay for Age-old people are more or less like children
    ~ Explains how we should not be dismissive of old people merely because of their general habits, but try to imbibe the lessons they can teach us through their own experiences.

Congratulations to all the winners! Other participants too will shortly be given enhanced points & cc as per the quality of their posts.

[Foot note: 3 entries were invalid, two for not positing the write-up as per instructions in a separate thread and one for duplicating the same text as earlier]
    Congratulations to all the winners!!

It was indeed a wonderful effort from everyone, all of them came up with wonderful thoughts on more or less.

I would like to congratulate Jignesh Vora , Neelam Joshi, Jeets Sir, Venkiteswaran Sir, Jagdish, K Mohan Sir, Nomita and GeeKay for getting the "More or Less" - TOW of August 2017 awards. All of your all posts were highly thought provoking and shared amazing messages to the readers. Keep up the great work.
    Do what inspires you !!

Good posts for the TOW topic on more or less got good encouragement in the form of prizes. It is indeed pleasure to me to congratulate all the winners for winning the prizes. Each and every entry which got the award is really good and have a speciality. As usual the Editors made a write choice. All the best to all the winners and I hope they will continue their winning spree.
    drrao
    always confident

Congratulations to the winners of Thread of the Week.

Congratulations to Mr. Jignesh Vora , Ms. Neelam Joshi, Mr. Jeets , Mr. Venkiteswaran, Mr. Jagdish Patro, Mr. K Mohan, Ms. Nomita Mitra and Mr. GeeKay for getting the "More or Less" - TOW of August 2017 awards. Well done!
    Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

My hearty congrats to the winners of More or Less contest like Jignesh, Neelam, Jeets, Venkiteshwaran, Jagdish , and consolation prize winners Nomita and Geekay.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

excellent news. Congratulations to all the winners. I am glad to note that most of the winning articles are related to human behavior and human life and not to current politics or other common topics..
    Let's all keep up the good work
    Appreciate the editors gesture to increasing the number of qualifying article. The same good logic is applied in many Stamp exhibition or competitions where in at least 2-4 entries in each class( 1st, 2nd or 3 rd) are declared as winner if the quality meets the eligibility for that prize slot.

Congratulations to those who contributed excellent write ups on the theme words 'more or less' and shared the prizes. Continue to contribute more and educate the members.
    T.M.Sankaran
    Gold Member ISC

My heartiest congratulations to Jignesh Vora and Neelam Joshi, the joint winners of the 'TOW' contest 'More or Less' of August 2017. I also congratulate the special prize winners Jeets , Venkiteswaran Sir, Jagdish and consolation prize winners K Mohan Sir and GeeKay.
    I am fortunate to find my name also in the list of consolation prize winners.

I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep.

My hearty congratulation to all the winners of More or Less contest .
    The greatest wealth in this world is mental peace and good health.

Congratulations to the winners of Thread of the Week contest. Happy to see such a long list of winners. All the entries are unique and beautifully explained.
    Topic based TOW contest is taking a bigger shape now!

Padmini

Living & Learning- simultaneous processes!

My hearty congrats to all the winners of this more or less TOW contest. It was more or less an excellent selection of word for the contest. More members homed on to this contest and most of the deserving members got their prizes. Well done guys. More or less should give us satisfaction.
    No life without Sun

My heartiest thanks to all the members who have joined to congratulate me. I feel overall it was great contribution and very diverse topic selection from all the ISC members who took part in it and I appreciate everyone for their efforts.

I would also like to extend my appreciation for editor panel of ISC who are bringing contest topics in a very innovative way which encourages ISC members to really do some brainstorming and come up with good content.

Hearty congratulations to Jignesh Vora, Neelam Joshi, Jeets, Venkiteswaran, Jagdish, K Mohan and Nomita Mitra for winning the TOW.

My sincere thanks to the management for selection of my thread to the prize and to all members for their kind wishes.

Hearty congratulations to Jignesh Vora and Neelam Joshi for being the joint winners of the 'TOW' contest. I would also like to congratulate Jeets , Venkiteswaran, Jagdish for winning special prizes and also congrats to consolation prize winners K Mohan, Nomita Mitra and GeeKay.
    Regards,
    Vamar

Hearty congratulations to the winners, special prize winners and the consolation prize winners of the topic based TOW contest for the last week of August on the topic 'more or less'! The number of entries was very encouraging and most of the entries dealt with different subjects in a unique manner that need to be appreciated.

The cash rewards and points to all the winners has been credited.

'Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance'- Confucius

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.