You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Guidelines & Policies

Article internal link policies

Hello friends,

After a lot of internal discussions we have decided and reconsidered on few points related to ISC Article internal linking policies:

1. Links should be blended within the main body of the article. It means, anchor texts (linking phrase) should be a part of the main article paragraph.
    2. Giving links in terms of "Worth reading", "Recommended reading", etc. are not allowed.
    3. Giving links at the end of each paragraph & at the end of the article as "Related reading", etc. are not allowed.
    4. All previously approved Articles with such practice may face re-evaluation/tuning and all such non-complying links may be removed.
    5. All valid interlinks will continue getting bonus cash credit.

NB: This is not a new policy implementation. We are going strict with our existing policies to make ISC more compatible with Google policies.
    This would be the right direction for those members who writes articles with internal links and hopes all the members have noted this change.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Sir, I did not follow first point. Links should be a part of the main article paragraph. What does this mean? Is it first paragraph which we write in main body or article body or any paragraph within the article body?

Fourth Point: "All previously approved Articles with such practice may face re-evaluation/tuning and all such non-complying links may be removed."-This may not be acceptable to many authors. Although I won't be affected much by this decision, I feel that this may not be fully logical.

Even then, this is a thread conveying the decision. So, we have to accept it.

Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

Reena,
    Just give links in the article sentences itself. No need to add any sentence/phrase (Read more, Recommend reading, Best reading, Further reading, To know more about xyz you can read this article, Related article list, etc.) specifically for linking purpose.

Partha,
    All approved Articles are bound for re-evaluation/tuning time to time to comply with Google/AdSense policies. Once approved, that doesn't mean that absolutely no evaluation will be done at all. We keep checking all articles time to time and whenever/wherever needed to comply with Google/AdSense policies. We also constantly keep checking for plagiarism too and if we find violation at ISC then action is taken, and if violation is found in some external site, like copying ISC articles, then we proceed with DMCA take down procedures.
    Being dynamic in nature, and directly competing with other websites, you cannot expect no tuning/re-evaluation at all.

In re-evaluation/tuning process, we always try our level best to diminish impacts on the author.

Regards,
    Sultan.
    Lead Editor - Articles,
    Managing Award Crediting

If success is 1, then its definite that you're starting from Zero!

A good initiative may be difficult for some time but if it ensures a high quality of contributions then, in my view both the ISC profile and the author's visibility will certainly increase. I'm glad to note that even approved articles are scrutinized, it's like an internal periodic assessment again to move to the next level.

The thread only conveys the decision and Members have nothing to suggest.
    Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

I think it is a good initiative. Linking other articles o for reading as "Worth reading", "Recommended reading", etc. are not allowed. I think it is better to the reader also. Anyhow the decision is conveyed and members have to follow.
    drrao
    always confident

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.