You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Have you led a worthy life?

Just now I saw that I've got the Star Of the Week award, so the pressure is on to go forward. On the grand scale of things, it's nothing major but this evening, it has made me happy.

Suddenly a thought flashed my mind. Have you led a worthy life? For some it is having a decent job, good family, having a luxury car; for some others, it is having an astronomical bank balance or building a rich empire at the expense of its poor employees. Some have a lavish wedding spending crores in a day while a poor couple borrows money for their children's education and spend years paying back the loan. For a few it is dedicating their entire lives for the betterment of the people and nature.

So friends what in your views would qualify to say that you led a worthy life. Please share your honest views.
    For me, living a worthy life is dependent on loving your everyday experience.
    "Make someone happy everyday" - I follow this life quote. Learn from each moment and each instance. Never compare your life to others , that is how your living should be. Think of your betterment, so that you do not have even time to look into other's people stuff.
    A worthy life is when you are happy with what job you do and your living and you are satisfied with your needs. Life is worth when you have respect for your elders and your loved ones. A good car and a nice home will come, if you have ample money. But your life will be purposeful with your deeds. Education makes your life worth, it is needed. Live life with grace, and good thoughts in your heart.

Do what inspires you !!

What I feel that given the circumstances and the opportunities, God has been so kind as I have led a worthy life so far. By performing marriage for four elder sisters with my own money and source, by looking after my own educational expenses and above, and carried on my own marriage expenses and after that I am able to give good education to my children as my son is the budding chemical engineer and my daughter a budding MBBS doctor. So far in this 55 years, my success was ups and down but with greater satisfaction of having achieved much than expected according to my stature. I always believed in taking risk and I always ventured for new kind of things. That made me difference among others. And those who are closely watching my progress would never estimate that I made such a progress in silence and those who can able have lagged behind far and they are astonished over my moves.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Who can say whether his/her life is worthy or not? This final accounting will be done only on the last day of our journey in the Earth-not before that. So, let us go on working. Checking the scoreboard will be done at the end of the day.

Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

Nice reply from Partha. The final good and bad deeds of a person are weighed on the day of his death on the turnout of people to his funeral. That is the recognition one gets.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Sadly I must say I've not. What does life mean to you by the way? Can you define it? Surviving isn't living.
    According to me, survival describes your individual existence. But life describes how your survival affects other people. So survival becomes personal and life doesn't. So if others profit by your existence you are said to have led a fruitful life. If they don't, you probably led a baneful existence.
    I haven't done much to please the ones around me, so I can't tell I've led a worthy life yet.

The stronger a light shines the darker are the shadows around it.

We should not harm anybody intentionally or unintentionally. We should take care of our parents. We should help needy basing on our ability and capacity. We shouldn't tell lies. We shouldn't indulge in unfair practices. We shouldn't encourage corruption and we shouldn't involve ourselves in corruption. We shouldn't earn money by unfair means. We shouldn't be selfish. We should trust God and pray him always for the welfare of the society. We should undertake activities for social welfare. Then we can say we lead a worthy life.
    However, our duties like taking care of family members, arranging necessity and other requirements to them by our own noble earnings are to be taken care always.

drrao
    always confident

A worthy life is attained after doing worthy deeds. It means one as to fulfill his duties as per his family responsibilities, should have a good behavior towards friends and relatives, if possible help the fellow humans within one's capacity, passing time in constructive activities etc.

There is no point in wasting the precious time in insignificant and ill conceived activities because it will eventually give a feeling of utter dissatisfaction at the end of life and the person will have a feeling of repenting his past which has gone back in a irreversible manner.

Knowledge is power.

• Sign In to post your comments