You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Curiosity killed the Cat.

My son is very curious and tries to invest in various company shares with his own research and findings. But I always warn him saying Curiosity killed the cat."Curiosity killed the cat" is a proverb very normally used. We are all human beings always will be very curious to do experimentation and evolve new theories. We always fond of investigation and curious about many unknown things. Sometimes this experimentation will lead us to difficulties. We may not get the desired results. So it is a proverb used to warn such people who will have very high inquisitiveness. Elders used this proverb to warn of the dangers of unnecessary investigation or experimentation.
    When you use this proverb some people try to reply jokingly as "curiosity killed the cat" but "satisfaction brought it back."
    Curiosity is required but too much curiosity is dangerous. So we should limit our risk-taking experiments to the level which we can withstand.
    Very rightly said. We should be curious but with caution. The world is full of curious things and attractive banners. What lies behind them is mostly a trap and gullible and curious fall in that trap.

We should be very cautious in such endeavours specially related to financial manners.

Knowledge is power.

Growing brains in the children induce them to know many new things and they always on the process of investigation as to what and how the things happen. One of my relative son who was also small when my son was kid and we used to get some good toys for playing. But that relative boy out of curiosity would open and do all kinds of research as to how it works. I brought one air plane toy which sounds like real one with so much dazzling lights as if the plane is going to take off or landing with loud noise. That boy wants to know from where the sound was coming and he dismantled the entire air plane and we could not replace it properly and thus gone waste. So what I too mean here that too curiosity would spoil the show and some times get bad name for the self and also the family. But getting doubts is genuine and that should not span to investigating mode which is dangerous for every one.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

There are people who will cheat other by misleading and luring informations in form of newspaper advertisements or internet site.
    We must be cautious of these bad elements who are always in search of gullible and mentally weak people.
    Once these bad elements are successful in their evil schemes the subscriber will be waiting for imaginary benefits and actually inspite of benefits he will be losing his initial investment capital.
    So a high degree of alertness is required to avoid such involvement.

Thoughts exchanged is knowledge gained.

Curiosity killed the cat. But Curiosity rover is on Mars. Curiosity is a wonderful trait.
    It depends on how you use it.
    But curiosity can be dangerous. We mustn't try to explore the forbidden.
    But curiosity and risk-taking are different things. If your son thinks something is worth the risk, let him do it. If he succeeds, you will profit out of it. If he fails, he'll learn something new .

The stronger a light shines the darker are the shadows around it.

I agree with this thought. Its good to be curious , because if you are curious to know something, it shows that you want to learn more and you want to grab more knowledge. But curiosity should be present upto a balanced extent. Experimenting is good, because it leads to great learning. But, being too much curious about something can be bad or harmful in many cases.
    Investment should always be made with appropriate thoughts and by discussion with others as well , if you are doing big investments. So, experimenting on things like money and investments can retrieve tough results at time. So, curiosity should not arise in such cases.

A positive attitude will lead to positive results.

• Sign In to post your comments