You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

RIP! Marshal of the Air Force

Yesterday India has lost one of its greatest soldiers. Marshal of the Air Force, the third chief of the Air Force and hero 1965 war, Arjan Singh left the world at an age of 98. Even during last month, I saw him standing to salute Indian National Flag on the occasion of Independence Day.

Arjan Singh was born at Lyallpur in present Pakistan in April, 1919. The place is now known as Faisalabad. He did his initial schooling at Montgomery (now called Sahiwal) and joined Royal Indian Air Force in 1938 when he was only 19 years old. After winning many laurels, he became third Air Chief of India on 1st August, 1964 and played a stellar role during Indo-Pak war, 1965. Even after his retirement in 1969, he held many prestigious assignment for the country.

Arjan Singh was given permanent rank of Marshal of the Air Force in 2002. Even till the last days of his life, he thought about the development and progress of Indian Air Force and welfare of the airmen of the country.

My salute to this great air warrior.
    My previous Forum thread on the last birthday of the great man:-

The living legend is celebrating his 98th birthday

Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

May the great warrior's soul rest in peace. He has done his best to our country and rendered a yeoman service to the nation. I have seen him, even at his old age beyond 95, he attended to receive the body of our former president APJ Abdul kalam in his wheel chair. RIP.
    No life without Sun

Very sad that India lost the First Air Marshal Arjan Singh due to cardiac arrest and with his death India lost the greatest Icon in Military ranking. He was modest and yet earned the reputation of high order among all the leaders of the country.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

It is very sad news for all of us that Marshal of the Air Force Arjan Singh who was known for his excellent leadership and as a distinguished air warrior passed away.May this the great warrior's soul rest in peace.All Indian salutes for his work for the nation

This news I have seen today in the newspaper. I felt very bad and sorrowful. He was a well-known warrior. He was a good leader and done excellent service to the mother country. I have also seen him during our late ex-President Abdul Kalam's cremation day. I pray that this great warrior's soul may rest in peace. A jewel in the garland to our nation.
    drrao
    always confident

One day every body has. to leave this planet. He has lived a very long life and departed on time.That is great. We should not feel sad, it the rule of nature. I prey to God for let his soul may rest in peace.
    The greatest wealth in this world is mental peace and good health.

The existence of the Indian Armed Forces is indeed the only reason why we are able to live in peace. I would really say that Marshal of the Indian Air Force Arjan Singh has set an example for us as to how deeply one can love his Motherland. A never ending salute to this warrior....
    Vaishy
    Unlimited learning gives unlimited happiness !!

Ms. Vaishnavi: We must mention the rank of the Armed Forces Officers correctly. Arjan Singh retired as Air Chief Marshal in 1969. In 2002, he got permanent rank of Marshal of Air Force (equivalent to Field Marshal of Army). He was the only Marshal of Air Force in India.
    Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

Mr. Partha Kansabanik:
    Thank you so much for correcting my mistake.
    I would keep that in mind in the future.

Vaishy
    Unlimited learning gives unlimited happiness !!

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.