Non-violence is the greatest Dharma; So too is all righteous violence.
Now what we see is that all parties, irrespective of their flag and symbol difference are in unison in many things. Most of these are to the disadvantage of general middle class public. Most of those are to the advantage of multinationals and big corporate and business.
So the people now stand without a dependable political party who sincerely take up their grievances and work to alleviate them. This leads to a sense of betrayal and helplessness. That is a sufficient climate for vested interests to exploit. That is not good for the nation. Let the political parties be aware of this.
'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
Even this challenging situation would ease
1. GST slabs are not suitable for petrol which need to be taxed at higher rate to bring down consumption of petrol to have a cap on import bill.
2. India is building its own strategic reserves of 180 days from the present 15 days. We need billions of rupees to build the facilities and tax on petrol is the only source.
3. International crude oil prices are at all time low and it is the right time to increase taxes so government could cash in the revenue instead of passing it to people.
4. Petrol is carbon intensive source and hence it must be taxed higher to reduce its consumption.
5. Government by way of it is encouraging people to move on to hydrid vehicles, electric motorcycles, public transport and car pooling systems to reduce traffic on road, reduce pollution. members must note that recently an experiment was tried in Delhi though ended in failure.
6. Moving people instead of moving vehicles is one of the concept of Smart cities mission. So government is discourageing use of personal motor vehicles.