You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: India

Is PM, a CM of Gujrat?

Till now, it is clear that the PM has been bombastic. He tries to link himself to big things none of those has been initiated by him. He wants to show people that he is the torch bearer of progress. His actions are to be seen and studied keenly. At present, he knows that there are assembly elections in Gujrat shortly. There are lot of issues unfavourable to ruling BJP in the state. Patidar stir and incumbency are the main factors, leave apart the others like slow down in business, wide spread unemployment and resentment in peasants.

He knows that the result of Gujrat assembly election is going to cast decisive shadow on his prospects of winning the general elections in 2019. Since he left Gujrat, the state has seen two CMs. They are no big faces in the state and the party. He is not leaving a single opportunity of wooing voters in Gujrat at any cost. He is organizing road shows individually and even with foreign PM just to allude the voters with glitter. He is using every jugglery to brain wash the voters.

He inaugurated the Bullet train project in Ahmedabad in Gujrat. In within week's time he inaugurated the Sardar Sarovar Dam in Gujrat. The dam in question has displaced thousands of people homeless without proper rehabilitation. This dam is being projected as the life line for Gujrat. During inaugural speech, he mentioned the rehabilitation work done for Kutch Earth quake affected ( totally irrelevant to the rehabilitation of dam affected people).

He has also undertook a project of erecting a huge statue of Vallabh bhai Patel to woo the patidar ( patel) voters. Patidars have been asking for OBC reservation. They have resentment against BJP in state. He forgot that Vallabh bhai Patel was a congress leader and he banned RSS (the mother organization of BJP).

Please opine.
    When the PM used to visit UP, the pathological Modi-haters used to say that he had been visiting UP for election. Wen he vsiteed Assam, people used to say so. Now the same thing is being repeated when he visits Gujarat. These Modi-haters simply fail to understand that people don't give barest minimum attention to their tirade.

Instead people are now discussing the 'aristocratic and healthy adjective' used by Digvijaya Singh and Manish Tewari about the Prime Minister and gender-insulting comment of Sanjeev Bhat, IPS about Ms. Smriti Irani.

Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

These days for Modi hater's whatever he does is for elections only. None of them is observing him what good is happening to the country. He is undertaking many projects in various states and the Sardar Sarovar Dam in Gujrat which was inaugurated is a long pending project and it is good that at least it has become a reality now. Bullet trains are not only for one state. It may get extended to all states also. Whatever may be the reason if there is some development happening, we should appreciate the efforts. Nowadays people like Digvijay Singh are talking something and people go on discussing that only.
    Ultimately the voter will decide who has done good and who has done bad. If the Congress government was performing well why the voters brought BJP into power. If BJP is not performing well voters will definitely go for another party. They are the ultimate decision makers.

drrao
    always confident

Even the High court had slammed the PM by saying that he is not PM of BJP but of India.

A very good question to ponder by the author"Is PM, a CM of Gujrat?", but all those who speak or opine against will be silenced. In the silence, I can hear the echo of at least few people voicing their concern and doubts though they are not Modi-haters.

I surprised to read comment no 609229 and 609233. How the angle of so called Mody-hatred was found in my string. How this string was compared to some comments of some politicians. Instead of finding facts ,these comments show blind following of a particular political leader who did not deliver a single thing he promised during elections. This string is an expression of a concerned citizen and a tax payer who is concerned about the reckless style of functioning of a constitutional head of a huge country. I was not expecting such comments on an educational site. Anyway, please do not succumb to propaganda.

As far as Modi's victory in last election is concerned, it was a fluke that he got majority in 31% of valide votes. This also means that 69% of voters rejected him. Were these voters Modi-haters.

Dear Sunikanth,

You intiated a very good thread I want to tell a few things regarding this. He spent 100 lakh crores for bullet train simply because of Gujarati's. I have very good friends from Gujarat when I was doing a Job in Mumbai .99.99% of the people who travelled that route between Mumbai and Ahemdabad are Gujarati People. If you see the present Cricket team Bumrah,Jadeja,Pandya,Akshar patel and Pujara. In cricket History India had never these many Gujarati cricketers in Indian team.The God father of these cricketers are Modi and Amit shah.

A blunt knife or rusted knife can't be useful for anything just for the sake we call it as the knife similar to PayTM series or Sachin or Virat records.

As the Gujrat is the birth place of Modi ji which is our Prime Minister. The person always attach to its mother land. So narender modi every scheme starts from Gujrat. As due to gujrat modi ji become the prime minister of India. Next year there is election in the state of Gujrat and Gujrat is big state so modi ji maximum goes to gujrat for its campaign so that BJP not loose a big state. Also the Gujrat election is more important for BJP to win as its is home state of prime minister.

How are cricket and bullet train related? Only God and a particular Member of ISC know.

Ahmedabad-Mumbai route was chosen for bullet train because the passengers in this route can afford the fare and also the land required for the purpose could be acquired very quickly.

So far as Sardar Sarovar is concerned, I have been reading about this colossal project for at least last twenty years.

Oho The passengers of this route are only rich and other passengers are poor and they can't afford bullet train. Oh God ! I want to born as a this route passanger pleas give me my next birth to this route passenger. Oh god please bless me.....
    A blunt knife or rusted knife can't be useful for anything just for the sake we call it as the knife similar to PayTM series or Sachin or Virat records.

I fully agree with the view.
    Present political leadership at the Centre is a complete disappointment.
    Demonetization was a failed experiment by PM Modi which paralyzed economy.
    GDP growth is falling. It means industrial output is slowing. But stock market is going up? It indicates some trouble is brewing up. Investors should be cautious.
    Inflation is going up.
    No job creation anywhere.
    Benefits of cheap international oil prices are not transferred to the common man.
    Hearing excuses for all his failures.
    Only promises for Ache Din and fooling people, nothing else.

I have almost forgotten the original issue which is being discussed in this thread.

As far as I know, the feasibility study before the commencement of any project takes into account the estimated time to be taken to break-even the cost, time of the project, cost of the project, available infrastructure, how to acquire land for the project, etc. But who bothers about boring feasibility study? We must criticize.

In Politics nothing is black or white, everything is shades of grey. This Man has stood out in the recent history of Indian Politics as someone who's doing something for the country. He's not God to get everything correct. While doing something useful, he also has to things for his hometown, home state, party etc.

Do we have an alternative leader who has the combination of doing something constructive, have a global presence especially at a time when India has the potential to go up to the next level in the Global pecking order?

Mr. Natarajan: Rational argument has no place in the scheme of things of Indian ''libus'', i.e., liberals.

Neeraj I fully concur with your comments absolute in depth of investigation of Modi's ruling. No more points to write here.

It is just natural or any politician to keep his ground safe. We have to admit that first. Modi is not the first person to do such favour. All the PMs and central ministers did something extra to their constituencies and home states when they were in power. Mamata Banerjee, Lalu Prasad Yadav did whatever they could to their states when they were central ministers. P Chidamabram inagurated a -bank branch- a -day in his constituency or native place even in interior places when he was Union Finance minister. The coach factory which was to come Kerala went to Rae Bareli because it was Indira Gandhi's constituency. Kerala got some projects sanctioned or implemented when A K Antony was defence minister.

So if Gujarat gets something extra under Modi as PM,there need no surprise. Can't Gujarat people expect something more when the PM is from their state? Even when India gets some positioning some international organisations, don't we Indians expect something extra for India?

But if the Bullet train matter is taken as a specific case here, I can say that is the most deserving case. Ahemedabad -Mumbai is always a busy route. I have experienced that the flights get full first, then the Rajdhani express, the AC class , and then the sleeper class. Any number of trains are not sufficient to carry the rush between Ahemedabad and Mumbai. Business travel is maximum between those two cities. People who consider time as money. A fast transit facility is an eagerly awaited necessity. Both the states are resourceful and can fund the project easily.Now both states are ruled by the same political combination as that of central government. This will make political decision implementation fast. The project will have an easy passage and implementation.
    Though Chennai-Bengaluru can be said to be like Ahemedabad -Mumbai, there are many contra factors involved which may cause hurdles in the project.

Si in the case of the bullet train project between Ahemedabad-Mumbai, it is fully justified by all the favourable parameters like distance,easy implementation, conducive pro-development popular sentiments, absolute necessity , local governments etc. Modi as PM is just an additional catalyst.

The debate is loosing its stream. there is no criticism for criticism sake in this thread. There is no hate angle towards a particular leader. The point is whether the events that have taken place (as explained in the introduction) are for Gujrat elections. Referring to comment no.609294, the project feasibility studies are done by the agencies under government and if the government already decides to do something, these studies become meaningless. What happened at the time of demonetisation. There was no role of RBI in the decision even though it is the constitutional body in economic affairs. But a rational thinking shows that the bullet train project will not be a public transport project. I do not think it would be proper to spend more than one lakh crore only for a section of Mumbai to Ahmebabad. This much amount was to be spent on modernisation of entire railway in India with a "no tolerance" on safety over a period of five years according to the last railway budget. Delhi Metro ex-chief Shreedharan says "This is not the right time for bullet trains in the country but there is a need for improving existing facilities, speed, infrastructure and comforts of passengers," I suppose he is not a Modi-hater or an illogical man.

I could not understand why the Bullet train project was not inaugurated in Mumbai, the economic capital of India and the only big stakeholder in the project if you want to leave aside New Delhi.

As far as Sardar Dam on Narmada is concerned, Maharashtra seems to be the most benefited (see website of the dam). But it is being shown as a life line for Gujrat. The dam has completed after the clearances from the supreme court. The foundation stone was laid by India's first PM. Unfortunately, lot of fertile agricultural land has submerged in water owing to the height increase of this dam.

I have provided this information just for educational purpose. More information can be shared from reliable sources instead of basing on propaganda and no logic.

• Sign In to post your comments