You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Time taken for reviewing articles in ISC

Hi All,

I am part of ISC past 6 years. I am least active for most of the time. I have posted an article on ''article' section. I wrote my last article long ago, those days it took only one or two days to review the article. It is taking long time when compared to that. Whether number of users in ISC increased that editors can't manage them or priority will be given for trending articles or articles are reviewed when it meets some special criteria ?

Regards
    Bala
    The review of articles depends on various factors. It is quite natural that the articles of prolific article-writers are reviewed very quickly. This is simply because the Editors know the individual style of those writers. Moreover, those writers generally don't commit much mistake of html commands.

The articles written by occasional writers (including me) are generally reviewed in 7-10 days. The review is also strict to ensure that the Members don't make much mistakes (grammatical/html command-related, etc.).

The articles of new writers are reviewed in 15 days or so. The review process in extremely strict in this case.

Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

Generally, my observation is, around a week's time is taken to review and give the initial decision. It may go up to 15dayss sometimes. All depends on the number of articles posted in the section. When a contest is on may articles may be submitted. The time taken for article's review during this period will be more.
    As mentioned by Partha, how frequently you are contributing to articles section is also a point. Lower the frequency higher the time it takes.

drrao
    always confident

I got my article reviewed yesterday. Thank you for your valuable responses.

Being new to the forum, I've just submitted 2-3 articles, I was wondering why the first one took around 2 weeks to get it approved. Now seeing your experience and the good replies of the senior two members, I've understood the reasons, indeed the editors have a tough job to screen, edit and modify articles of newcomers so that content is not lost and it fits the ISC pattern.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.