You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

The only place success comes before work is in Dictionary

What an excellent quote it is.I read this line on a T-shirt which wear by somebody so, but what the quotation tells us we should not dream about success before you really start doing work. There is a saying in Telugu 'Gali Lo medalu katavadhu ' means you are building steps in air, which is not possible in real time. Only through hard work or smart work we will have success. Knowledgeable members, members please post your comments on this.
    Life doesn't work in chronological order if that was the case we wouldn't have worked and we would have got success even before we start working. I am glad that it doesn't work in that fashion because the joy of the reward of hard work is beyond what words can express. Sometimes even the failures teach us much more than what success can teach us.

During my college days, our professors used to say that get errors in your programme that you are writing so as to debug it better. If you write a programme without any error you cannot become a good programmer. With errors and after debugging comes success. That was another way of learning through failures.

Grabbing success through failures!

#609358 you haven't understood the quote properly the only place sucess comes before work is in Dictionary it means only in Dictionary it is possible and no other place it is possible.
    A blunt knife or rusted knife can't be useful for anything just for the sake we call it as the knife similar to PayTM series or Sachin or Virat records.

The words success and luck are used when we embark on any project ( be it an exam, learning a sport, aspiring to be a doctor, actor etc and earning enough for a good life). The words success at to some extent luck is always in our minds and dream of getting what we want. But life is not as simple as that, this is where the author's quote comes " sucess comes before work in Dictionary only".

What this implies is that one needs to work hard to taste the cup of success. It needs determination, planning, resources and months of hard work to succeed. Everyone knows Sindhu's achievement, its quoted that she starts her training at 4:00 AM- 4:30 AM. Her mentor Mr.Gopichand for the Rio games used to wake up at 2:00 AM to prepare for the day's schedule! This is one such example wherein hard work is the key to success and only on a piece of paper can success be written before hard work.

When someone is highly successful, the first reaction of many is that "He's lucky to get the job, She's lucky to get the promotion". There are many definitions for luck, the one l like most is " Luck is nothing but hard work meeting an opportunity".

In dictionary, success comes before work. But at the same time, success always comes after determination and perseverance.
    Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

In response to #609362: I very well understood what this post was about and I have only re-emphasized that success can come only after hard work and it is only in the dictionary we find success before work. Maybe if you go through my reply again you might be able to get my point.

Nevertheless, it's probably my inefficiency that I couldn't convey the matter well. I hope to improve with more practice.

Mr. Partha well said "success always comes after determination and perseverance", I was actually looking for these but I was unable to recollect it.

Ok Neethu, Thanks for replying.Sorry for not understanding the things properly.
    A blunt knife or rusted knife can't be useful for anything just for the sake we call it as the knife similar to PayTM series or Sachin or Virat records.

A good quote. Sucess always follows hard work. My opinion is simply working may not bring you the success. Working without an aim and plan may never give you a success. So if you search for success in the dictionary after you see the meaning of work, you have to come back in the dictionary and in that process, you have come back up to determination and then go forward for success. So what I want to convey is simple work is not sufficient for success, you should have determination, dedication and hard work. Then success will be yours. So even in dictionary also success comes only after dedication and determination.
    Without having a proper roadmap (Planning) and execution(hard work) no work will be successful.

drrao
    always confident

Success is something for which we all aspire. It is the ultimate aim of every body. People do a lot of hard work and engage in dedicated activities to reap its benefit - success. Without hard work, continuous efforts and focussed approach one can not get success and that is a fact.

The author has given cryptically a very apt quote to bring out that fact that it is only in a dictionary that we find success before work!

Though many people try their best but due to various reasons all are not successful even after hard work. So success is sometimes alluding but we should not be discouraged by that and again apply our full force and efficiency in our work to achieve success. Ultimately the slowly and steadily wins the race.

Knowledge is power.

• Sign In to post your comments