You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Mumbai submerged in rain: Our ME has been silent

Due to incessant rain, Mumbai is again fllooded. The roads have become submerged and risky. People are not coming out of their residences. Except few areas of posh South Mumbai, the everyday life is in doldrums. Students are not going to schools and colleges. Train movement has been severely hampered.

Our Managing Editor is a resident of Mumbai. We can surmise that like other Mumbaikars, her daily routine has also been affected due to this heavy rain in the city. She has been silent during the last few days.

How is she? Does any Member have any information about or ME, Ms. Vandana? He/She can share the same with other Members of ISC.
    Who said that our ME is a Mumbaikar? Where did you get this information? Madam ME never disclosed her native state anywhere in ISC. I too thought she is from Mumbai. Yet there is a confusion about her nativity. Hope she is safe at home wherever she may be. Wish to see our ME in the forum with her rainy day experience if she is from Mumbai.
    No life without Sun

I also don't know her native state. It was not mentioned anywhere. After seeing this thread, she may a write a reply to this stating about her experience in this rainy season, I hope.
    drrao
    always confident

I have a feeling that there may be internet connectivity problem in her locality due to the rain. So, she is now silent.
    Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

We are really worried about the welfare of our members in general and ME in particular. If she could come back and say hello we would be happy and relieved, Hope she would do so,
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

We do not know the nativity of our ME and need not actually be bothered about that point, but since this thread has been raised out of concern for her well being assuming that she is from Mumbai, I would like to let you know that she is on leave at present. She is likely to resume duties by the end of this month. This is for the information of all.

I am locking this thread as the query has been clarified.

'Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance'- Confucius

I have opened this thread to put a note of thanks for the concern about my absence. It was a thoughtful gesture to post this thread. Thank you. I was away on a long vacation to take a break from work. Happy to be back home!
    When people come at you with their worst, you should come at them with your best (advice given to Selena Gomez by her mother, quoted in Time magazine.)

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.