You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Festivals

Share your experiences if you have ever seen Mysore Dasara attractions in your life

Hello friends, it's the time of Dasara festivals in India. I know Mysore Dasara is one among the popular festival that attracts lots of people to Karnataka every year. I have read about this Dasara festival from newspapers in addition to some information I gained from TV channels. The list of attractions mentioned is really wonderful. In my life I did not have the opportunity to visit Mysore during Dasara. I would like you to share your experiences which you got from Mysore Dasara, if you have seen this in your life. I think those experiences will be more informative rather than what I gained from newspapers and TV channels
    I have visited the Mysore and written an article on it in ISC. The link is here.
    My visit to south India..

The greatest wealth in this world is mental peace and good health.

Hello Sir,

Thank you for the response. I went through that article but i found only a small information regarding Mysore Dasara. My question is if you have seen the Dasara attractions in Mysore, can you please explain it in detail? It will be really good for readers like me who have got the opportunity only to read through papers.

I visited Mysore (now Mysuru) twice. I also visited Wadiyar palace and other historical places of this great city, but unfortunately I could not get the opportunity to enjoy the famous Dussera festival. So, I can't comment in this regard.
    Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

I had been to Mysore many times. I had seen the Mysore Maharaja Palace twice. The temple of Chamundeswari Devi, Brundavan Gardens and also Ganapathi Satchidananda Maharshi Asramam also. Once I was there in Mysore during Dussehra Festival for few hours. During that time the Maharaj palace was very well decorated and very good lighting arrangement was made. Many Elephants nicely dressed on the road as a procession. The palace was very nice with that lighting. But I was to leave that place immediately. Hence I couldn't see the full celebrations in Mysore.
    drrao
    always confident

• Sign In to post your comments