You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Problems/Complaints

Why ‘not secure’ is showing in login page

I am not sure whether it is a local problem or whether I am noticing it now only.
    Today when I was going to log in page I noticed 'Not secure' showing on the address bar. On clicking that it said that communications to the site are not private should not send sensitive matters like password, credit card etc. There is no https or lock symbol.

I am not sure whether I had seen it earlier. I am using Google Chrome, using Kaspersky security with regular updating and scanning regularly.

Why is it so?Is it okay and safe?
    When ever I log in I shall get a green tick mark on the right side upper corner of this page and that is the confirmation is secure. I didn't get any not secure alert so far.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

I am also getting this not secure indication when we come to the site for logging in. I don't know why it is showing that. I use google chrome always. I don't use any other browser. For other sites, this indication is not there. This I have been observing from almost last 4 months. I have not given much thought about that. After seeing your thread I thought I will also write what I am seeing. Other people who know more about this may respond to our knowledge and benefit.
    drrao
    always confident

Google has started showing this warning on all web pages that are not using SSL certificates. ISC hasn't changed anything but Google has just started showing this warning if the site is not using https: URLs.

There is nothing to worry. You can continue using ISC as before.

regards,
    Tony John
    Webmaster - IndiaStudyChannel.com

Thank You, Tony John.
    As I am not a tech guy, I get very much scared when I see something different from usual. Thank you for confirming that it is okay. I am sure this will help others also to feel secure about ISC.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.