You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

'Newton' is India's official entry to the Oscars

The film 'Newton' is the brain-child of Rajkummar Rao and Pankaj Tripathi. The film has been released today. The newly-released film has been chosen as India's first official entry to the Oscars. This is a rare honour for this film. Earlier this film had world premiere in the 67th Berlin International Film Festival. 'Newton' was also shown at the Tribeca Film Festival .

I understand that this film is a satire on the experience of a Government clerk named Newton who has been sent on election duty. As this film revolves around the life and experience of a Government employee, I will try to watch this film.

In the meantime, I convey my best wishes to the newly-released film 'Newton' in the competition for Oscars in 2018.
    Great that a life of the government employee has been the main character theme of the film Newton and that should be very interesting to watch the on going hurdles and pressures at the work place. And having its official entry for Oscars is the great honor.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

This is good that Newton is the official entry into the Oscars. I thought Bahubali will also make it. But they watched two Telugu movies. Bahubali 2 and Gautama Putra, Sri satakarni. But they have not selected these two. So only one entry and that is Newton. It is a big honour to the film.
    drrao
    always confident

'Newton' is said to be a dark comedy based on the election process in India. It is great to note that this film has been selected as the official entry to Oscar from India. I wish all the cast and crew of this movie all the best and also hope that, unlike our earlier entries, this movie gets across from the entry point to the next level.
    'Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance'- Confucius

Nice to hear a movie with name 'Newton' is being nominated for Oscars. Also, it feels good to know about a movie being showcased on the life of government employees. I wish all the co-stars of this movie with best wishes.
    It will be nice to see the working style and culture of our government employees in the film.

A positive attitude will lead to positive results.

Excited and happy, because Aman Dahiya, the Assistant Director of the movie is someone I know. I have seen him grow with my kid. He was senior to my daughter, but they would hang out together, play basketball and attend events together. It is always a matter of great pride when someone known to you achieves such great heights.

I hope the movie bags an Oscar.

"A love affair with knowledge will never end in heartbreak" - Michael Garrett Marino

• Sign In to post your comments