You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Requests

Please don't pick up threads which are older than 10 days.

Today morning I received 4 emails from ISC. The content is that some new response has been posted on a thread. 4 messages were posted, I received 4 emails.Nothing wrong in that. I don't even remember whether I posted my opinion on that thread. So I opened ISC. It was noticed that the thread is almost 45 days old. But one member picked up and replied. Finally, the editors noticed that and locked the thread. This is happening very frequently. The members may be new but they should know the rules and regulations. It is a waste of time to everybody. No points will be given. Sometimes we may get negative points will be allotted. So I want to request all the members not to pick up old threads.
    A small suggestion to the Editors. I don't know whether it is possible or not. On the first page of the forum section, is it possible to display not to pick up old threads? Then the life of editors also will also become easy in this respect. New members also will know the rule. Just a thought for your attention.
    Dr. Rao, this is one of the points which the members need to be reminded about time and again. We can understand newbies pulling up old threads and we do take necessary action to intimate them about the rule position. But what about members who have been around for quite some time now? We have been repeatedly requesting members to look at the date on which a thread was posted before posting a response therein. But it happens time and again. Why do we need to be in a hurry? I don't understand. Please note that the thread to which you are referring to was pulled up by a senior member.

Your suggestion regarding possibility of displaying this particular requirement in the first page of the forum index will be put up to the admin for consideration though I don't know whether it would be possible. Cluttering a page with too many messages may make it appear clumsy and unattractive.

I request members not to come up with suggestions like editors must lock the thread after the stipulated time etc because the point has been discussed many times and the feasibility of such a proposition had been concluded to be impractical.

'Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance'- Confucius

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.