You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Festivals

I am off because our greatest festival is going on

Durga Puja, the greatest festival of the Bengalis has started from the 26th of this month and will continue for five days till the 30th.
    Like all others and the Bengalis in particular, I am fully involved with the Puja and enjoying every moment of it. Though, like every year, I could not visit my native place this time due to which I was a little disheartened, but once I saw the face of 'Ma Durga', I forgot all my woes and my heart is filled with joy.
    On the eve of this holy occasion, I pray to 'Ma Durga' for the peace and prosperity of my country and countrymen.
    NO issue take the break and come back with new energy and refreshment I hope you will enjoy the festival and we are here to keep forum active and will also take a break on Deepavali.
    Santosh Kumar Singh
    (Sr. Microsoft Dynamics Axapta Technical,Mumbai)

Nomita, wish you and all at ISC a very happy Durga Puja! Enjoy the Puja in total- the pandals, the prayers, the aarti, the music, the sweets, the dishes and the company of all your friends and relatives and above all the great immersion procession. Refresh your mind and come back rejuvenated once the celebrations are over.
    'Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance'- Confucius

Enjoy your days with family and get the blessings of God. Festivals like this help us to take time off our regular work life, spend time with family and relatives. Poojas and the spiritual atmosphere with the positive energy will certainly be fulfilling and satisfying for you.

Come back and do post some images of this Great festival where we all invoke the blessings of Maa.

Yes For Bengalis this festive season is the great moment to celebrate as all the five days would be busy with religious activities. In Hyderabad too Bengaleee Samithi, Sarbojanin Durga Puja, Kalibari Durga Pooja organizations are making hectic arrangements to celebrate the five day festivities with further glitter and valor. Most of the Pandals are agog with music activities in the evenings and Annadhaan in the afternoons. For the first time we could see all the Bengalis of Hyderabad come on a single platform and celebrate the festival as grand as possible. By the way today I saw a news information that in Kolkotta the devotees has spent a whooping 10 crore for the grand decorations which has the set of Bahubali and also having grand golden saree for the Matha. That was really great to see so much spending.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Wish you a very happy and prosperous Vijaya Dasami to you, Mitra. It is a very special festival for Bengalis. This festival is also celebrated in a big way in Telangana also. All people will visit their native places. Newly married boys will be invited to their in law's house. All the family members celebrate the festival in a grand way. We will also do puja on all the nine days. Last three days are for Saraswati, the Goddess of Knowledge. Have a good time and enjoy the festival. All the best to you.
    drrao
    always confident

Vijaya Dashami is on 30th September. Today/Tonight we, the Bengalis, are celebrating Maha-Saptami. May Goddess Durga bestow her blessings to all.
    Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

Happy Navratri to you Nomitha. And wish you all the happiness this navratri and celebrate Durga Puja with full joy. May Goddess Durga showers her blessings and bring prosperity in everyone's life.
    A positive attitude will lead to positive results.

• Sign In to post your comments