You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Reliance Jio Phone soon to be released into the market

If reports are to be believed true then we might get a hold of the device by the first or second week of October. They have already dispatched the phones to rural areas, very soon they will dispatch it to urban areas as well.

The pre-booking for Jio phone had started in the month of August and they were supposed to deliver the handset by mid of September which got delayed due to the huge demands.

Features that come bundled with this phone are :

1. The phone comes with a 2.40-inch display.
    2. It comes with 512MB of RAM and 4GB of internal storage that can be expanded up to 128GB via a microSD card.
    3. 2-MP on the rear and a 0.3-megapixel for selfies.
    4. It has 2000mAh removable battery.

This handset will be affordable to the majority of the population, there might be cons as well which we will be able to analyze once we get our hands on it.

There is news which has reported that they have started the distribution of Jio Phones. Has anyone got hold of this device yet?
    I have not even booked the Jio phone. But my son booked I think. So far he has also not received. The features are very well advertised in the print media and many people booked for the same. Everybody is waiting for the release of the product. Hope this will give a good reputation to reliance. Their first version of phones released in 2005 or 2006 was not well received by the public.
    drrao
    always confident

Reliance has been deliberately postponing the actual launching of the hand set fearing non acceptance as many modern gadgets have already flooded the market and one thing Reliance must ensure that given the 4 G connectivity, its new hand set must compete with the data that can be assessed and stored. If the hand set and battery back up wont match, then Reliance phone would be utter flop. My fear is that once the phone comes to hand the usage would be greater as more video calling would be possible and that will have effect on battery storage and vice versa.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

• Sign In to post your comments