You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Its rain , rain and only rain. Dassera festive spirit gone damp.

In Hyderabad yesterday and today there was heavy rain and there is no respite. Yesterday being Durga Ashtami and the state government sponsored Bhathukamma , the floral festival is also on. But due to heavy rains in the evening, people are forced to stay indoor and the festive celebrations gone damp. Tomorrow is the Dasami and the last day of Dassera festivities. For the first time in my life we are experiencing heavy rains during this festivities and the organizers are having havoc time in making arrangements for the devotees during rains. Hope at least Deepavali would be celebrated in good mood and valor.
    Yes. It is pouring. Not able to go out. Even somehow we move out also, very bad roads with water stagnation everywhere. Traffic jams. Really very bad condition. Hyderabad roads are not designed for good rains. In addition to that these days, the government is not bothering about the condition of roads. No repair works. Really feeling ill to go out. Today we are indoors only. I don't know whether tomorrow we may find some chance to go out.
    In Telangana, Dasara is a very big festival. Bathakamma is these days only. Ladies will have a lot of entertainment in these days. But because of these rains, this festival look is not there. But We should welcome these rains so that the groundwater levels will increase and incoming summer we will not face water problem. 2 or 3 days we may suffer. But we will have no water problem during summer. So I always welcome rains.

drrao
    always confident

Even in Bangalore its the same in many localities with intermittent rain and water stagnation. Some areas are still inundated with water. Certainly, the street market in our area has become dull. The vibrant market selling flowers, banana saplings, fruits for long hours, had become a mess with water and slush, people continued to shop even in these difficult conditions.

Today in our area we had a few hours of dry weather but evening again it started to rain. Only grace is that the temple in our complex has been well decorated and a large number of people are at least coming out to the temple if not going out to see relatives.

Yes, in many parts of South India and in Mumbai, rain has dampened the spirit of Durga Puja and Navratri celebration. Even in Calcutta and southern part of West Bengal, there was intermittent rain. But this could not hamper the celebration. In North India, the weather has been pleasant.
    Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

Unlike Hyderabad and Bangalore, my city Tirunelveli has been blessed with no rain during this festive season. We are celebrating the festival under the hot sun.
    No life without Sun

Yes, this time rain is much more in many places it's disturbing a lot of things but its nature we do have control on it and need to manage it. I also faced heavy rain during catching my flight in Mumba but its God blessing flight not cancelled.
    Santosh Kumar Singh
    (Sr. Microsoft Dynamics Axapta Technical,Mumbai)

This time rain has an extended spell and it has disturbed urban as well as rular life at many places in India. Though some people are happy as it has lessened the humid heat of sunny days during this season.

Some places it might have dampened the spirits but as we are the fun loving people we will see to it that festival is to be celebrated at any cost and even those who do not like even a sprinkle of water on their faces will drench throughout the evening while enjoying the fun of this particular festival.

Being religious is one thing and just enjoying a festival is another thing but when everyone comes forward to celebrate together then real fun starts whether rain is there or not.

Knowledge is power.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.