Five books on investment which will change our investment mindsetThese five books have already revolutionised the concept of investing among common people. Those who want to improve the performance of their financial portfolio, must read these five extremely popular books which have changed the mindset of many common investors. These books are:-
1. Think and Grow Rich (1937) by Napoleon Hill: This book was written during 'The great depression' in the USA. In this book, the author has written about thirteen principles for success and personal achievement from his observations and research.
2. The Intelligent Investor (1949) by Benjamin Graham: Benjamin Graham is considered the "Father of value investing." Warren Buffett, another famous investor, has termed this book as the best book on investing ever written. In this book Graham has tried to identify good stocks and how to buy these stocks when these are under-priced.
3. The Essays of Warren Buffett: Lessons For Corporate America (1997) by Warren Buffett: In these essays, Warren Buffett, modern world's most successful investor, provides his views on a variety of topics important to corporate world and shareholders. Buffett has written on various factors which influence the financial world.
4. Beating the Street (1994) by Peter Lynch: Peter Lynch is one of the most successful fund mangers of the world. The book helps the readers to understand the thought processes of the author at the time of investing.
5. Rich Dad, Poor Dad (2000) by Robert Kiyosaki: This classic book is a must for young investors. The author has opined that the poor and middle class work for money, but the rich work to learn. He stresses the importance of financial literacy and think financial independence as the ultimate goal for all people.
Reading, understanding and following the principles of these five great authors of the financial world, would no doubt change our mindset on investing.