You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Today is the birth anniversary of this Bharat Ratna

He lost his father at a very young age. His mother shifted to the home of his maternal grandfather. Even he died after some time. But the indomitable young boy never surrendered. He went on fighting the circumstances-he continued his education. He studied at Kashi Vidyapith and graduated with Philosophy in first class. He obtained the title ''Shastri'' after the Graduation, which remained with him throughout his life.

He joined politics at a very young age but he always liked to work behind the scene. His honesty is still well-known. As the Prime Minister of the country, he ordered Indian Army to cross the border. It was the first time since the reign of Maharaja Ranjit Singh when the Indian Army crossed the border in attacking role. His mental courage was proved to be legendary.

His personality impressed even his enemies. After his death, his body was carried by the President of Pakistan, who was deeply impressed by this feeble old man.

Let us pay our respect to this great man, Lal Bahadur Shastri, the second Prime Minister of India, who was awarded Bharat Ratna posthumously. Let us remember him on his birthday.
    Normally on a Gandhi Jayanthi day we wont remember the great personality of Indian politics like Lal Bahadhur Shastri who was our second PM of India and having posthumously awarded with Bharath Ratna. The author has done a nice thing by bringing out the importance of this great man even when the enemy countries likes Pakistan used to regard him more. What I see his as the most simplified personality and yet towering in terms of taking decisions at right time and hence Lal Bahadur Shastri is also remembered on par with that of father of the Nation Mahatma Gandhi.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

A man from a middle class background who rose to be the second Prime Minister of India and proved himself to be a man of mettle within a short period, Lal Bahadur Shastri had etched himself a place in the annals of Indian History. Though 2nd October is celebrated as the birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi worldwide, I am sure that we do remember Shri Lal Bahadur Shastri too on this day with almost equal importance.
    'Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance'- Confucius

We should remember that the birthday of this great man is on the same day of Mahatma Gandhi. His simple and courageous nature can never be forgettable. I feel we require more and more leaders of this type.
    drrao
    always confident

Because it is Gandhi Jayanti today, we don't normally remember or rather think about other famous personalities. From childhood it was taught that October 2nd is Gandhi Jayanti, so for me Oct 2nd means only that. Your thread title was interesting and I didn't know it was the birthday of the legend Lal Bahdhur Shastri. Thanks for educating me on it.
    Regards
    Chitra
    "Do not give up, things might not favour you always"

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.