You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

"Happy Gandhi Jayanti-2017"

Gandhi Jayanti is a happy day and all of India celebrates this day as a festival because Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi was born on this day in 1869. Today we are celebrating the 148th Birth Anniversary of Gandhiji. Gandhiji is the ultimate leader who brought independence to our country from the British. Gandhiji is the man who introduced a non-violent method of "Satyagraha" for the first time in the history of the world. The Nobel Laureate Rabindranath Tagore called Gandhiji as "Mahatma". Gandhiji is popularly known as the "Father of the Nation". He was a man who practised what he preached. Let us all pay our respects to Gandhiji.
    Happy Gandhi Jayanti to all. He is the man he is behind the movement of freedom in India. He is the main person who is responsible for the Independent India. He observed non-violence as his weapon and he used people to support him and achieved Independence to our country. We should all pay our gratitude to this great man for his service to the nation.
    drrao
    always confident

Let us remember the contributions of the Mahatma on this day and rededicate ourselves to the service of the nation.
    'Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance'- Confucius

Happy Gandhi Jayanti to one and all on Mahatma Gandhi's 148th Birthday.

I would like to share one of my favourite quotes of Mahatma Gandhi on this occasion.

"The future depends on what we do in the present".

For all of us to have a better and bright future, we should start working today. It is not for the benefit of others but for ourselves so it is better we follow this principle of the great man.

Eat healthy now to prevent diseases in the future.
    Learn well now to fetch a good job in the future.
    Save sufficiently now to enjoy your retirement life.
    Do good deeds now to be saved from sins.

Be wise and start forecasting on your needs or aims and plan accordingly

Regards
    Chitra
    "Do not give up, things might not favour you always"

Wishing all ISC a happy Gandhi Jayanthi. Whenever I come across a quote of Mahatma Gandhi, deep within, rarely can I say yes I follow it. I don't feel bad about it, I'm happy that at least I have looked into myself.

1.True education is one that enriches body, mind, and spirit - I mostly followed textbook education.

2.Learning is a lifelong process - I stopped learning a few years back, now started to re-learn from life.

3.An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching - I've said many things but practiced only a few. Now saying less and less.

4. Buy Indian Goods - Last I bought a foreign brand watch or shoes was 17 years back. ( also financially above my reach).

If we can reflect on ourselves and do whatever little we can, however, small it may be, then Gandhi Jayanthi and Gandhism would have a true value.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.