You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

He seems to be relieved after getting captured

People saw him roaming in the adjacent village a few days before. Day before yesterday, the security guard working the night shift of Maruti-Suzuki factory at Gurugram (Gurgaon) saw him inside the plant. He was understandably baffled.

The production of the plant during the next morning shift was closed. Police and Forest Service officials started searching him, but he could not be found. Ultimately, after more than 36 hours, he was found in the engine room of the plant with engine oil all over his body. He was shot with tranquilizer bullets. But the Forest officials had very difficulty to bring him out. After all, he is a fully-grown leopard weighing about 120 kg.

The big cat seems to be enormously relieved after being found and getting captured! After all, he was lost in a very big jungle.
    I'm also relieved that this big cat was caught, I hope that he is released back into the wild. One of the commonest victims in man-animal conflict is the leopard that ventures close to human activity by mistake or by intention to find an easy kill. Often the animal is injured or killed in such conflicts. Nature admirers are happy when the animal is recused from man and sent back to the forests.

Apparently, this factory is in Manesar (close to Delhi) adjoining the Aravalli forest range. 120 Kg is too big for a leopard, not sure of it, maybe we'll know more when further details emerge.

Thanks for posting the thread.

And I thought the author was talking about some enthusiastic person. Author has carved himself a niche to narrate such stories with suspense and this one dedicated to the fully grown up Leopard was nice reading.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Partha, your usual way of narration. Very exciting. As expressed by Mohan when I read the title I thought you are bringing in another story of a great personality. But it turned out to be in another way. Good going.
    drrao
    always confident

• Sign In to post your comments