You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Today is Air Force Day in India

Indian Air Force (IAF) is celebrating 85th anniversary today. The Air Force Day parade will be marked by a air display with various aircraft at the Hindon Air Force Station at Ghaziabad. On its day of glory, the IAF will showcase its might with a display of its vintage, modern and fighter aircraft.

On this day of glory, let us remember founding father of IAF, Air Marshal Subroto Mukherjee, Marshal of Air Force, recently departed Arjan Singh, Air Chief Marshal PC Lal, who brought glory in the 1971 war, Flying Officer Nirmal Jit Singh Sekhon, PVC (the only PVC of Indian Air Force), Air Marshal Denzil Keelor, Wing Commander Trevor Keelor (the two heroes of 1965 war) and other greats who have brought Indian Air Force to such great heights.

On the Air Force Day, let us pay respect to our great air warriors.
    ThankYou Sir, for this knowledge today is really a big day. This day marks the gallantry and bravery of men in Blue who with their utmost dedication keep the sky safe.

Good post. This is the first time I am hearing about this. Let us all wish the brave blue all the best and salutations to them for their gallantry and braveness. They make our country a safe place to live in. My sincere salutations to all great warriors.
    drrao
    always confident

Yes we could see the air sorties being carried out from the Hakimpet airport base which is nearby my house and I could understand the celebrations to mark the 85th anniversary of our India Air Force. Airforce Pilots have been rigorously trained so that they stand ready for any war eventuality. In Hyderabad we have air force station and air force academy which imparts training and even para trooping. Airforce has been rendering useful service during natural calamities and our air force jawans have proved this during Uttarakhand floods and Chennai floods in the recent past.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.