You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

A humble request: Please answer this question

On 24th September, 2017, I asked the following question:
    Can you tell me what was his exact contribution? Till now I have not received any reply.

Although we don't discuss/ know about him, Kazi Lhendup Dorjee was a remarkable person with an astute ability to read the minds of the people of his state, Sikkim. He played a very important role in the revolt against Chogiyal and integration of Sikkin with India. He brought the people of Sikkim in the mainstream as the first Chief Minister of the state.

He had many other contributions for the people. I would like to know about his contribution in detail. I would like to know why did he leave the state (Sikkim) at the fag end of his life and settled in Darjeeling district of West Bengal? How was he associated with Rumtek Monastery?

Kindly help me to find the answer.
    Even after a considerable period, I have not got the answer. I request Members to help me in my study.
    Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

Partha, your query in the link given has been shifted to the Ask expert section for an appropriate answer. Please wait till someone knowledgeable respond there.

I don't have to make it clear that this is not the first time that you are resorting to these kind of reminders. Let you please be known that the same is unacceptable.

I am locking this thread now.

'Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance'- Confucius

Mr.Partha, this is the second time the thread has come up with Kazi Lhendup Dorjee. I've never visited Sikkim but having spent a little while on the net, I could gather the following.

1.In 1973, Dorji,launched the anti-king movement under Sikkim National Congress, In 1974, he won the elections, became the first CM of the independent state of Sikkim.
    In March 1975,monarchy was abolished, this led to the end of Sikkim as a sovereign country.

2.Sadly he is also referred as a traitor of the motherland (Sikkim), hence unable to be active ( his party lost elections in 1979), he retired from politics to Chakung house in Kalimpong.

3.Dorjee's funeral took place in Rumtek Monastery Rumtek Monastery in Sikkim on August 3, 2007.

4. Some books that are quoted
    - Smash and Grab: Annexation of Sikkim,Sunanda K Datta-Ray
    - Sikkim: Requiem for a Himalayan Kingdom (Random House),Andrew Duff,
    - Enchanted Frontiers: Sikkim, Bhutan and India's North-eastern Borderlands by Nari Rustomji
    - Sikkim: A Himalayan Tragedy.by Nari Rustomji

Hope you find some answers.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.