You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Improve Your English

How to get interest in English

Developing vocabulary is not an easy job. For that one has to strive for it very hardly. Generally people say that it is mandatory to read news papers, magazines and novels to develop English language. But coming to practice, it becomes problem because interest in language is generated when speed reading is possible. I would like to ask ISCians to give valuable suggestions on language acquisition through development of vocabulary and also share the interest factors which motivate the people who wants to get language acquisition
    If you really want to improve English, take each alphabet and try to write how many words you know choosing again in alphabet order. That way your proficiency over the English language would be known. Then try to add new words that are being learned after wards. That way you can improve the English language vastly. Moreover see English movies and English serials, the words used there are splendid and that is very useful to add up to your vocabulary. Also converse with the elders who are ardent news paper readers. They would share with you some good new English with high vocabulary content.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

I think we have had this discussion before, maybe you just need to re-visit the threads.

yes. we have a thread on this subject earlier. I remember that. But it is almost a month old I think. Reading newspapers and novels alone may not give you a grip on the language. Generally, all of us will think in our mother tongue. If you can think in English then you will become a master in the subject. For this, you have to read the novels, newspapers and journals with a motive to learn. You have to read to learn the language, not to understand the message. Each and every word you should grasp. If any word is not understood, refer the dictionary and see the meaning. Use the word and make one or two new sentences of your own. Then you will remember that word always. Start writing in English. if possible try to talk to others in English. Then you will have a better grip on the subject.

drrao
    always confident

• Sign In to post your comments