• Category: Miscellaneous

She and I suffer in silence while he commits domestic violence

I was told that she would never be hurt by him
    But the truth is; he fills her with pain to the brim
    Her skin which used to glimmer like stars
    Is now carved every inch with the scars

He is yelling at her for no good reasons
    He's changing like time changes seasons
    They both were inseparable. She used to be the only thing he desired.
    He has her now and on her innocent face he spits fire.

He won't apologize for his doing
    How foolish of her to choose him!
    He makes her cry every night and day
    I can't do anything so I just pray

She and I suffer in silence
    While he commits domestic violence.

Early in the morning he leaves
    Comes home when she sleeps
    Using her love for him as a shield
    he never stopped doing dirty deeds

For all the things she has sacrificed
    The least he can do is treat her right
    She yearned for his warmth but
    only got burnt by cigarette butt

Advancing at her without her consent
    He is driven by his bestial senses
    She endures all. All of it.
    He keeps giving hit after hit.

She and I suffer in silence
    While he commits domestic violence

I wake up to her screams everyday
    I stare at her from my window pane
    I stare at her helplessly
    While she suffers endlessly
    I don't remember the last time she smiled
    It must be real hard to bury her feelings
    inside
    That's it! I've lost my patience.
    I won't suffer anymore in silence.

That is when I saw he bashed her head against a wall
    Rage took over me. I jumped off my window and broke into her house .
    I strike him with a flower vase until on floor he falls
    I helped her stand on her own legs from then
    The beast she called her husband
    is now serving a year in prison

I fought against the domestic violence
    I am protecting my "precious" since then.
    Very good poetic narration with a message. Domestic violence can't be tolerated. Even we may be at risk we should try to protect the sufferer and help to come out of that violence. Nice way of writing. keep it up.
    drrao
    always confident

Truly talented you are Aditya, even though it's a sad ordeal, you have brilliantly captured the essence of domestic violence - the plot, the perpetrator and his beast-like senses ( some beasts are surely better than these two-legged beasts), the silent endurer ( I wouldn't call sufferer) and then the best ending, somebody stands up for justice and helps her.

Mr. Aditya, I am deeply impressed by your poem. The poem is really good and depicts true picture of the society.

Incidentally, I am really disturbed since yesterday afternoon. One of my Twitter friends has forwarded a video of Tharparker district of Sindh, Pakistan. The video shows that two middle-aged men brutally beat a Hindu woman and forcibly took away her under-age daughter by holding her hair. Your poem has again reminded me that video.

You have no doubt written a good poem. Carry on depicting the true picture of the society. There are some positive aspects also-please depict these pictures also.

Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

Such a beautiful poem Aditya. How perfectly you described the domestic violence at home and how the wife suffers every single moment. Domestic violence is a curse to the Indian society and to the women. Women keep suffering more and more , just to keep her marriage and its name. They get afraid to tell that to the outside world, thinking that she might be beaten again by her husband and the marriage could break. Because even in many cases, family members do not accept the girl, once she is married and this is very common in rural areas. People need to understand the legacy and value of a woman, and need to fight against this bad disease "the Domestic violence".
    There needs to be more awareness about this issue, among women to fight against it and not to face it.

Do what inspires you !!

Beautiful poem! very well expressed. I loved it and could feel the pain of that lady after reading. I will wait for some more similar posts from your side.
    Padmini

Living & Learning- simultaneous processes!

Very nice and the narration was perfect to the core. Domestic violence of any nature cannot be tolerated. Those who cannot respect the fellow citizen has no right to live.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Very well narrated poem with each line expressing true feelings and emotions. I really liked this poem and the way you narrated the plight of sufferer and the distant observer whole experience was as if your own which makes the whole scene to be visualized in front of my eyes when I read these lines.
    "It is hardest thing in the world to be good thinker without being a good self examiner"

Beautiful poem. Well narrated. The theme is very well expressed in this poem and the narration is flowing in a smooth and mind gripping way.

Well done and keep up your good work in creative writing.

Knowledge is power.

Excellent narration. The feelings, agony and helplessness are brought by the author in this great composition.
    The subject matter is also very apt and truly demonstrates the cruel conditions in some households.
    Well done and keep up your passion for writing poetry.

Thoughts exchanged is knowledge gained.

A well composed poem on domestic violence. It clearly states what is domestic violence. My sincere appreciation to the author for knowing the pain due to domestic violence.
    No life without Sun

• Sign In to post your comments