You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Let us meet each other and understand us better

Members,
    This is an opportunity to all ISCians to interact freely and frankly with openess to know each other better by asking questions and responding to questions. A member should indicate the name of the member on top and ask the question using the given format. The responding member should reply in the same manner. There is no limit to questions. Questions asked should not be too personal. Member not willing to respond can politely say - Sorry, NO WILL.

The format & example.

To: Sunny
    What is in your name? Is it your original name?

To: SuN
    It's nothing but a shortened name for ease of writing and pronouncing, and to look bright at ISC.

To : Mr Y
    Where are you from?

To: Mr X
    Sorry, NO WILL.
    To: Venkiteswaran, TM Sankaran, KVR Rao
    Dear Members, You are the few most active ISCian among the many active forum members. Our ME has initiated an interesting Diwali Chapter writing contest with good cash awards. Why did you members not show any interest to participate in that contest?

No life without Sun

Mr Sun, I am not so imaginative person to write chapters or stories. There are many youngsters now who are capable of writing such things. Thanks for remembering and giving a good suggestion.
    " Be Good and Do Good "

Mr.SUN,
    I feel it is not your real name. can you tell your original name. Why did you choose your name as Sun? Are you not happy with your original name:

N V Srinivasa Rao

drrao
    always confident

To:Partha
    Mr.Partha, I'm new to this site, your post and arguments very good. They are pointblank, to the point and very tenacious. Have you been like this for long.

To: Dr. NV Srinivasa Rao
    My name is a beautiful name. The beauty lies in my name. Yes. My good name is Sundaram. People often misspell my name as Sundram/Sunderam/Sunderem/Sandrum etc etc etc. To avoid my good name being misspelt by our dear ISCian, I have shortened it as Sun. To be more attractive I write it as SuN.

No life without Sun

So we finally know your name, this question had come to my mind many times, thanks to Dr. Rao.

Glad to know your name SuN Mr. Sundaram, it was a puzzle. But a lovely name, name to be proud of.

To: Mr. Natarajan

My answers are:
    1. I am a very introvert and moody person. Generally I don't like to talk much. So, whatever I want to state/express, I put it in writing in ISC and in another social media platform.
    2. I studied in one of the best schools of Kolkata. As there were many brilliant students (in all aspects) in my school and in my class, I didn't get much opportunity to speak. In my family, generally younger ones didn't talk much in front of elders. Moreover, some of my cousins have been exceptionally good in their chosen fields causing me to remain less vocal in their presence. So, I have developed this habit since my childhood.
    3. At the same time I am lazy and I type slowly. So, I try to write whatever I want to say using less words. This may be the reason for finding my answers brief and to-the-point.

Regards.

Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

Hi Sun, I also wanted to know your actual name and thought of asking you the same. This thread really provided the opportunity to many members like me to know your original name.
    Regards
    Chitra
    "Do not give up, things might not favour you always"

Its a nice thread. Its nice to know your name for the first time Mr Sun.
    Do what inspires you !!

From K Mohan
    To Partha Kansabanik

I am your ardent fan in this site and sometimes I wonder how you could draft such nice threads which were very informative and also interesting. How you developed this habit ?

K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

@Mr.SUN,
    Thank you for your reply.
    @Mr.KVRR,
    Your abbreviated name is a puzzle always to me. Can I ask You the complete name?
    N V Srinivasa Rao

drrao
    always confident

@ Partha

Thanks a lot, able to say or convey the message in short reply or few words needs skill and command over the language. Please continue your contributions.

To: Mr. K Mohan

My answers:
    1. Please don't be my fan. Kindly point out my mistakes also.
    2. Since my childhood, I havee been a voracious reader. Very fortunately, the people who influenced me a lot (my parents, my maternal uncles and Lt. Gen. B.N. Sircar) always encouraged me. The habit still exists.
    3. Moreover, my interests are extremely varied. Please see my profile.
    4. During my early days, I travelled a lot. I visited many places which were not tourist spots.
    5. As a result, I write on many subjects of my interest. However, due to my inherent laziness, I don't write even 5% of what I read or what I experienced.
    6. I attended a part-time course of journalism (forced by my father). There I had to compete with many professional journalists and reporters. In that course, I lernt to present even boring subjects in an interesting manner. I also learnt how to attract the immediate attention of reluctant readers with the help of 'catchy titles'.

Regards.

Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

My name is K.V. Raghava Rao.
    " Be Good and Do Good "

To: SuN

Are you an astrologer?

Now only I could read this thread paying some attention, and found my name mentioned at a point.

SuN has posed a question to me: "Our ME has initiated an interesting Diwali Chapter writing contest with good cash awards. Why did you .. not show any interest to participate in that contest?"
    A god observation and a relevant question.

I shall frankly and honestly answer that.

Many a times in relevant contexts I had mentioned that I do not have the creative ability to write stories. I am more comfortable with essay prose and occasional poetic free verses.

Apart from all that,now I feel myself as a free bird, not liking myself to be tied up with deadlines etc. I enjoy that ease and that laziness. I feel that very cosy.

I had many times said that I post impromptu, the way it comes to mind and flows down to the keyboard. If I pause to review and edit, then probably I may be interrupting myself and may not be able to complete it. For many contests when I wanted to 'prepare, draft, write and edit', it never happened at all. I soon lost focus and interest on them. In GD also sometimes midway I feel it dragging and lose interest.

In addition, since the past few months I have many personal and family matters to attend. Hence I do not login to ISC regularly.

So considering my present mood, interest and practicality, I know well that I am not at all a suitable candidate for the Diwali serial writing contest. I know my limitations well.

I hope I have satisfactorily answered your question.

Sun To Neethu
    Am a semi astrologer, semi numerologist, semi palmist. My grandfather was a reputed astrologer. In the past, I entertained our ISCians with my astrological predictions. Now I am busy and have no time for astrology.

No life without Sun

From SuN
    To Juana
    You were the first volunteer member to show your willingness to participate in Diwali chapter writing contest. Why you were the last and lost your chance to write the final chapter?

No life without Sun

My question to Natarajan

From your responses and threads it is quite clear that you are having greater and much interest in the forum. Within short gap you have picked up fast. What is the secret of your success at this fast rate.

K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Thanks, Mohan sir!. you are too generous.

Being a professional for 20 years has given me a chance to interact with a wide range of people and subjects. At the beginning of my career, I had to write reports and papers on topics that have come into use now. I love the forum because I can contribute meaningfully to an extent ( except politics) and I don't need much time. Would love to do articles but time (and a bit a laziness) are the hurdles.

I was poor in English at school, I still remember one of my teachers who said keep writing and practising, you'll learn it. I think those words for me still apply to the ISC, i'm still learning and practising.

Sun,

Perhaps I wasn't destined to participate, in the contest. Sometimes the mind and the heart are willing, but other factors play spoilsport and don't allow things to happen the way we want them to. Something similar happened, in this case.

"A love affair with knowledge will never end in heartbreak" - Michael Garrett Marino

• Sign In to post your comments