You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

The difference between a boy and a man is the price of his toys

This quote came up on my screen when I was searching height difference and then got sidetracked completely. This sounded very true and I read more and more about it.

I used to like to play with toy cameras as a child and now have ended up purchasing two semi-professional cameras (expensive canon models) for nature and bird photography. There are many guys who go for big fancy cars as they loved cars as a child.

Within the limitations of our budgets, this quote feels real to me.

Do you have some similar experiences to share. Let's see what we all feel.

It's a magnificent quote if you apply it to a wider scenario. It's not only the price of the toy but the toy itself that changes. Or the utility.
    A wise man once said "Men are just boys with money".
    When we're kids, we buy meaningless stuff. We buy whatever catches our eye and attention.
    But as we grow up we start to prioritize.
    We give utility more importance than beauty.
    And also the price we pay and the way we pay changes.
    A quote with thousands of sublime messages.
    It is simply splendid .

The stronger a light shines the darker are the shadows around it.

In a way, the author correct/The children used to purchase all house old item's models for their playing at a very tender age of 3 or 4 years. AS they grew up their tools and items for playing will slowly vary. They go for models of fams, TVs, cars, bikes, gas stoves and cameras. As they grow big also their wishes will be with real models of various items. Once we grow you we want to have a bike for our movement. Once we have a bike we will go for the car so on and so forth. So kids will be playing with small items which are less costly. But adults go for real items which are costly. This cost.e only difference, There is no risk when children are playing with these models. But when the child grew to young, the items he is using for playing will be dangerous and accident prone.
    So they should be careful in playing with these items, That is the difference.

drrao
    always confident

The quote was impressive as it testifies the moment of every one from child to the adult and preferences. While child we may be interested in many thing and the parents would also allow us to pursue the same. That is why I like the culture and tradition in Reddy community that while christening the name of the child, they would keep all kinds of toys around him and allow him to crawl so that what interest him would be known. As he touches one toy, the name of the child is decided and also his future is determined by the parents and he would be trained in that way to achieve the goal with ease.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

True, as a boy he might need only cars, guns and so on which are available cheaply in the market. As he grows, he will be looking out for sophisticated gadgets. The price of which sometimes cannot be afforded. From toy cycle to actual cycle, then to bike and car, further into branded and expensive sports cars and so on.
    Regards
    Chitra
    "Do not give up, things might not favour you always"

A thoughtful quote indeed. If I frankly say, I could not understand it for the first time when read, but when I saw your description, it became clear in my mind what it meant. Our childhood is pure and unknown about all the materialistic thoughts of the world. So, whatever we like we buy it. But once we grow up, we buy things based on our choices , other decisions and we become cost effective too.
    I always liked wearing traditional dresses when I was a child. Though it was hard for my family to get it due to financial issues. I remember I had a fancy dress competition when I was in class 1 and my mother brought me a costume of Uttar Pradesh's pattern. Since I had to wear it in my school. I wore it on the day of competition and when my mother told me to take them out as it was being brought on rent and she had to return it back. I started to cry. But now, as I have grown up , I have still craze for such outfits, but I have prioritized things, and I understand the need of the hour. So, we understand things as we grow up.

Do what inspires you !!

• Sign In to post your comments