You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Requests

Members! Please indicate your best Forum threads

I think Members will agree that the Forum section is the most colourful section of ISC. Many Members like me write mainly in Forum section. The debates and discussions in this Section are interesting and captivating.

However, there are some problems in this Section. The shelf-life of Forum posts is very short. Normal posts are not allowed to be responded after ten days. However, the discussion ends much earlier (within three days or so). Moreover, generally Members do not check Forum posts which are more than three days old.

As a result, many of us miss genuinely good Forum posts. I feel that even if we do not get chance to debate/discuss those good posts, we must read these. Earlier I requested ISC administration to give permission to allow re-posting of old Forum posts, but this request was not acceded to.

I request the Members who are active in Forum section, to mention their old Forum posts, which they feel that others (including new Members) should read. At the first instance, Members can mention five each of their old Forum posts (which are more than three months old). It would be preferable if links of those old posts are given.

Members won't comment on these old posts, but they would only read these.

Come on Members! Please mention five of your best Forum posts with links. Let us read those old posts.
    I haven't been here for long so there are no threads which are older than three months but below are my favorite threads, might not be the best!

1. Suicidal Thoughts: Has it ever occurred in your mind?

2. Eat your food like your medicines or else you will eat your medicines like food"

3. For every minute you are angry, you lose sixty seconds of happiness

4. I saw the love behind that pain

5. Emojis and SMS language have snatched the beauty of our language

As the author has mentioned, lets only read the threads and not post any comments.

I would like to read yours as well Mr. Partha. I am sure we might have missed many of your stories.

To me, all my threads are Gems. Presently, I am away from home, and I would select my best posts after I reach home.
    No life without Sun

What I do that once logged in i shall visit all the threads mentioned in the first page and also visit those unattended threads which wants some clarification and clear doubts. When you visit all the threads, the members would feel elated as some one has visited their thread and responded. Likewise those threads pushed to back pages can be had from the unattended thread slot. I am also of the opinion that in fact every member is capable of raising some good threads, we the regular members should not miss any threads for whatsoever reasons. We must attend to the threads for the sake of authors satisfaction.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Every thread posted by a member has some thought process, assimilation and formulation t put it in words. So all of us can learn from the threads. Whenever I find a time I go through the threads and replies of the senior members that are rich in history, personal experience and wisdom.

Reading and replying to the threads means that we acknowledge the author's contribution and improve our knowledge base and get points also. Almost all the threads except the ones on politics over the last two months have been very good.

Believe-your-strength-you-will-be-on-top.

Helping-hand-is-better-than-praying-lips

Are-we-becoming-penny-wise-and-pound-foolish.

Lend-the-ear-But-make-your-decision.

At-another-harassment-to-a-lady-in-Delhi-Are-we-civilized.

I have given 5 of my of my earlier posting. I feel they are good and whatever threads I have raised so far are all ok in my opinion as I am the person made those. However as asked by you I have given five from that lot. I have given this as you told that it is only for reading but not for offering your comments on the post.

drrao
    always confident

Sincere thanks to Ms. Neethu and Dr. Rao for indicating five threads each. I am reading these threads and find these threads really good.

Waiting for other Members to respond.

Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

As far as my threads are concerned , it is difficult to channel them good , better and best and rank it. For me all the threads which I raised had the inclusive benefit to the members at large and even the net users.
    K Mohan

First I ignored this thread thinking why should we blow our own trumpet. Moreover no specific thread came to my mind also in that regard.
    But then after seeing a few members quoting their threads, I told myself why can't I just try.At least that will be a sort of rumination and knowing about our own changes also.

Then I was surprise. Just by seeing a few of the titles, I remembered them. I have to select and deselect some of them because I myself felt difficult to select. Still just by reading the titles I had some special attachments to the following threads not necessary in that order.

1 As right and duty, voted in the world's greatest democracy India's Lok Sabha Polls 2014
    2. Which is right: stars foretelling our future or astronomers foretelling about stars
    3. Do you lie about your age,if so when?
    4. I met my childhood friend after thirty years, and for a while even forgot God
    5. Uncared paddy plant yields selflessly: our farmers too: Jai Kisan , Anna daata sukhi bhava
    6. Who taught plants and trees, animals and birds community living?

(excuse me for exceeding the limit by one)

No other Member has submitted response. I am indicating some of my old Forum posts which gave me immense satisfaction:-
    (a) A possible/impossible story!
    (b)I am the biggest mango of India: Exhibit number 12 of Rajkot Krishi Mela
    (c) Forgotten hero: The great warrior Raja Suhal Dev Pasi
    (d) It's time to bid good-bye!
    (e) The old man and a flower
    (f) Life of an old but adored dissection box

I again ask other Members to indicate their best creation in the Forum section.

I would like to quote some of the best of my best threads (which I feel to myself) here:
    1. A letter to the loser!
    2. No one wants a daughter but everyone wants a daughter-in-law!
    3. Beware of the usage of the word 'But'
    4. When your patience is tested ....
    5. I have travelled too far where I can't look back!
    6. Pride and arrogance - Will they always go together?

And one more thread of mine - If I were not there? is my all time favorite thread.

Regards,
    Jagdish

My recent post on SC ban on crackers in Delhi has received good response of over 70 and the thread was adjudged as the best for Tow award too.
    K Mohan

@Mr. Mohan, it would be preferable to give the link of the thread your mentioning, though it is a very recent one.
    Regards,
    Jagdish

I am listing out five of my earlier posts which I think were good with a request (as already suggested by the author) to the members to kindly not to respond to them in case they have not been locked for responses as yet. Hope you will like it too.

Why be afraid to speak out?

The nostalgic blue inland

Silence should not be construed as ignorance.

One must be accountable to be counted.

Balance the rhythm of life to maintain social harmony.

'Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance'- Confucius

This is a good idea, Partha, to enable members to know about threads which we posted but which others may have missed out on. I think we can keep this thread open beyond the usual 10-day maturity deadline to get more participation from members . We've got a good number of very active forum participants and some of our alumni may also drop in to visit & go back in time to check their forum posts!

So let's keep this thread open till 31st October. I may also try to find time to locate some which I posted that I liked very much.

Keep smiling...one day life will get tired of upsetting you.

I have been reading the old Forum posts of the Members. I am pleasantly surprised by various ideas and creative depiction by the Members who have mentioned some of their noteworthy threads. Those Members may submit other good posts written by them. Also waiting for responses from other Members including that of Ms. Vandana.

The ME extended the deadline of this thread till today. But no more responses received from the Members. On the last day of this thread, I am mentioning some of my threads which gave me satisfaction while I wrote these threads.
    (a) We don't see earthen hearth ('chulha') anymore in cities!
    (b) An angry old man and his bookshop
    (c) An incomplete and inappropriate love story
    (d) Sorry! I don't know the answer. It's your take!
    (e) Why Geography is a much-neglected subject
    (g) How to tackle the blackmailing techniques of maid-servants?

I now fully realise that it is really very very difficult to chose from one's own creations.

This was a good attempt Partha. But as you have rightly concluded, I think it might not be very easy for members to choose the best from their contributions. Since the thread has been allowed to be kept open only till the 31st of Oct as a special case and with no further responses coming in, I am locking it now.
    'Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance'- Confucius

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.