You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

How many of you completed the pilgrimage to Dwadasa Jyothirlingams?

Jyotirlinga means 'Swayambhu Shiva Linga' manifested itself. There are twelve Jyothirlingams situated at various places in India. They are Somnath(Gujarat), Mallikharjuna(Andhra Pradesh), Mahakaleswar(Madhya Pradesh), Omkareshwar(Madhya Pradesh), Baidyanath Dham(Jharkhand), Bhimashankar(Maharashtra), Ramanathaswamy(TamilNadu), Nageshwar(Gujarat), Kasi Viswanath(Uttar Pradesh), Triambakeshwar(Maharashtra), Kedarnath(Uttarakhand), and Grishneshwar(Maharashtra). According to some Vaijanath at Parli in Maharashtra is a Jyotirlinga instead of Baidyanath Dham in Jharkhand. I am fortunate enough to have darshan at all the Jyotirlingams. I feel it as an achievement in myself. I derived peace of mind and the experience is full of spiritual bliss. Those who are fortunate enough to visit all or some of them, share your experiences.
    For us 108 Divya Deshams are important which are scattered all over the country. Out of that the main being the Sri Rangam Ranganathar Temple. Tirumala Tirupathi, Parathasarathy temple at Triplicane , Chennai, Uppliyappan Koil at Kumbakonam and Thiruvallur Veera Raghavan temple in Chennai are some which I have visited. But Jyothir Lingas as cited by the author was never visited and the need never realized. However in my fag end of life, I shall visit all the temples which ever famous since ages and that would be befitting prayer to all the Gods who looked after me and that would be my thanks giving visits.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

I am so unlucky, I have never been to any of the above mentioned Dwadasa Jyothirlingams. Happy for you Mr. K.V.R.R that you have visited all twelve of them. It is really an achievement as you said. Getting closer to God will help in reducing our stress and tension
    Regards
    Chitra
    "Do not give up, things might not favour you always"

Blessed would be the life of a person to have visited these 12 holy places of Lord Shiva. Truly you are blessed sir.

A few years back, in Kolar District of Karnataka, we had the fortune of visiting Kotilingeshwara temple.
    Here the devotees were allowed to install a lingam and it would be recorded in the temple records I believe.

I happened to visit only two Rameshwaram and Kashi and also glad that you have shared this 12 jyothirlinga and would like to share some interesting facts about these temples.

I have read in a blog that these all 12 places connected mathematically if joined it formed Fibonacci spiral and it is really wondered our ancient India is really well with connecting everything with science. Almost many temples constructed are based on astronomy and mathematics. Another one on the same siva temples from Ketharnath to Rameshwaram are constructed in a straight line

Nice to be in ISC and feel the difference.

Hm mm. I have gone to only one Rameswaram. Among vaishnavas many has a vow to have darshan of possible places in 108 divya kahetrams and many tries also. But in saivaits such sincerity lacks.

There are many 'Swayambhu Shiva Lingas'. Out of them, these twelve are called Jyothirlingas. A Jyotirlinga is a shrine where Lord Shiva is worshipped in the form of a Jyotirlingam. A Jyotirlinga is the radiant sign (phallus symbol) of The Almighty.
    Out of 12 of the above, I have visited Mallikharjuna(Andhra Pradesh), Omkareshwar(Madhya Pradesh), Bhimashankar(Maharashtra), Ramanathaswamy(TamilNadu), Nageshwar(Gujarat), Kasi Viswanath(Uttar Pradesh), Triambakeshwar(Maharashtra), and Grishneshwar(Maharashtra). Another 4 places are to be visited. I hope I will complete these 4 also.The Vaijanath at Parli in Maharashtra also seen. it is worth visiting these places. We feel blessed and a lot of satisfaction we feel.

drrao
    always confident

• Sign In to post your comments