You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

He died performing his duty. May his soul rest in peace

Deepak Kumar Mondal, the 2IC of 145 Bn of Border Security Force, has succumbed to his injury today morning. He had been grievously injured while he was trying to stop cow smugglers from Bangladesh at Belardeppa border post in the Sipahijala district of Tripura. The smugglers were around 25 in number and they carried modern weapons. The BSF patrolling party was outnumbered.

Deepak Kumar Mondal was brought to Kolkata, but unfortunately he didn't survive.

Naturally the 'libus' don't bother about the death of the martyr as they are too busy to carry out candlelight marches remembering two year old death of Akhlaq.

BSF must teach these cow-smugglars (whom the Bangladeshis call 'cow-businessmen') a violent and painful lesson. Violence must be stopped with extreme violence.

Let us stand firmly beside the family-members of the martyr. Let us pray for peace of the bereaved soul.

OM SHANTI!
    My heart felt condolence to the family of Jawan Deepak Kumar Mondal, the 2IC of 145 Bn of Border Security Force who died today when preventing the possible smugglers of cow across the Bangladesh Border. Each security force personnel are important to us and we cannot miss even one Jawan while fighting. There is no dearth for the braveness of our Jawans and they bash on regardless. But sometimes the fate plays havoc with them and they die in the hands of hooligans but giving the life for the country. May his soul rest in peace. Such Jawans must be immediately honored by the government for the exemplary.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

May his soul rest in peace. The Government and BSF would certainly honour Mr.Deepak. There are many selfless martyrs from the Army, BSF and wildlife anti-poaching staff fall prey to criminals in the border areas doing their illegal trades.

Mr. Mohan, Deepak Kumar Mondal was the Second-in-Command of the 145 Bn of BSF.
    Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

May his soul rest in peace. My heartfelt condolences to his family.
    Regards
    Chitra
    "Do not give up, things might not favour you always"

May his soul rest in peace. My heartfelt condolences to the family.
    It is pity that our forces are not getting modern ammunition in their hands when required. The cow smugglers have modern weapons and they outnemberd our force. the defence department is spending more than 25% of national income for the safety and freedom of the country. But a cow smuggler is having a better weapon than our person. This is a very undesired situation. What is happening to the money we are spending on this I don't know. We should appreciate our brave people who are ready to die for the sake of the country.

drrao
    always confident

My heartfelt condolences to Deepak Kumar Mondal's family. May his soul rest in peace.
    The greatest wealth in this world is mental peace and good health.

It is a very unfortunate incident, may his soul rest in peace.

The newspaper report, which I read mentions that he, was hit by the vehicle used by the miscreants. He was hit from behind and sustained severe injuries on his head and legs. There were about 25 of them and they were armed with machetes, lathis and bricks. There is no mention of them having modern weapons.

In fact, a jawan who was accompanying the BSF officer fired 5 rounds from the AK rifle that he was armed with. There is no information whether he managed to injure any of the attackers.

What is your source of information?

"A love affair with knowledge will never end in heartbreak" - Michael Garrett Marino

My heartfelt condolences to the bereaved family of Sri Deepak Kumar Mondal and I pray that his soul rest in peace.

More than of paying respects to the soldier who laid down his life in discharge of his duties towards the nation, a point that struck me is the way the incident has been approached by the author. His narration gives an impression that the sacrifice by the soldier has gained a different level just because he died while trying to stop cow smugglers from Bangladesh from getting into India. Partha, I won't mind repeating that your threads of this nature has started becoming too repetitive. Why did you feel that it is more important to voice your ideology even in a thread that you posted to pay respects to a departed soldier? Isn't the sacrifices by soldiers across the nation belittled by your mention about cow slaughtering and about those who think otherwise to be libus (liberals as they are commonly called) in your language? I am sorry, but I think so.

'Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance'- Confucius

"Isn't the sacrifices by soldiers across the nation belittled by your mention about cow slaughtering "-------I have re-read my own thread thrice! I haven't found word 'slaughtering' in this thread. My salute to the Member who has found this word in my thread!

Isn't the protest of 'libus' repetitive? Didn't the libus protested lynching of Pehlu Khan after candlelight protest against lynching of Akhlaq? When the libus can be repetitive, why a mango-man like me can't?

If the truth is neglected/rejected/ignored, it would be mentioned again and again.

Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

Friends, lets not argue on a thread that's raised with the aim of highlighting the death of a BSF officer in the line of duty. Let's pay our respects and close the thread please, because anything else would demean the very purpose of this post.

Natarajan at #612468, that was exactly my point; can't help it if people feign ignorance.
    'Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance'- Confucius

• Sign In to post your comments