You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Festivals

Give a new way to celebrate diwali

We always celebrating diwali with the crackers and lighting the earthen lamp. It is really the wastage of money that's flew in atmosphere in the form of smog and dust . We celebrate our diwali festival with various ways where there is no pollution in atmosphere. As are given below -:
    •we can give gifts to poor people who have not money to celebrate diwali.
    ? Make our friends circle and go for a walk in village or in our society where we take bless from our elders and take some knowledge why we celebrate diwali.
    ?give food at evening time to poor people's who had not able to collect food for two time or who only earn hand to mouth for their family members .
    ?Make a attractive rangoli on the door side
    ?With all family members go for puja at temple or at our house sacred place
    ?And in this you will celebrate diwali with full joy and creativeness.

HAPPY DIWALI TO ALL
    Nice thoughts, we've just discussed this recently in two similar threads. So, i think the replies would also be similar.

Such kind of threads should have been raised at least two or three days before the festival so that right and apt advise or reactions could have been registered from our members.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

According to me what is thenecessity to seek an alternative. Such celebrations are being followed as a culture of our own country. Are any of seeks alternatives to celebrate Ramzan/Bakrid/Cristmas/English new year. What is the necessity of a Keralite to waive the use of Dhothi. What makes all such persons to change our own culture?

It is up to an individual whether to celebrate Diwali the usual way or not. If someone wants to give the money spend on crackers and lights to charity, well and good. But not everyone will be ready for that. Some people will be ready to give money for charity but that is not the money saved on crackers or lights. For them it is their festival and they like it to celebrate the way they used to when they where a child.

'Make our friends circle and go for a walk in village or in our society where we take bless from our elders and take some knowledge why we celebrate diwali.' - Taking knowledge of why we celebrate Diwali, can be done only once. Every year we can't repeat the same process as we already know why and ow we celebrate Diwali.

Regards
    Chitra
    "Do not give up, things might not favour you always"

1. Nice ideas, Mr. Sengupta. I suggest that you implement your own suggestions during the Diwali of next year and inform the Members of ISC about your celebration.

2. You have stated: "We always celebrating diwali with the crackers and lighting the earthen lamp. It is really the wastage of money....." In this connection, I would like to ask you to name any festival (of any community) where there is no wastage of money. I think there is no such festival. So should we stop celebrating every festival?

3. From your surname I think you are a Bengali. So you definitely know that on this particular new moon, we, the Bengalis worship Goddess Kali. You have not given any suggestion of worshiping Goddess Kali. Should we stop sacrificing animals before the Goddess and stop eating meat? Any novel way of worshiping Ma Kali?

Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

Mr Sen Gupta, A very good idea. But very difficult to implement. How many of us stopped using our own vehicles to protect the environment. In a year if all the vehicles are stopped for a day pollution can come down. But is it possible? Let us all stop using a motor vehicle and ban the moment of vehicles on that day to compensate the pollution created by crackers. Then the damage will get compensated. How many people will accept this? Many of us are doing, many activities you have listed, on a festival day. But we are not able to stop everybody from using crackers. The solution for this problem is to make new pyrotechnics which are environment-friendly. I know that some works in that direction are initiated by R&D centre of fireworks at Sivakasi. They may come out with some good result.
    We should work out solutions which will be received well by the public.

drrao
    always confident

• Sign In to post your comments