You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Small negligence causes big damage

We often neglect the value of small things in our life.As the saying goes , even an ant can make an elephant go mad , I woul like to narrate my thoughts with my favorite form of expression.
    Yesterday night was a night of pain
    I could not sleep , kept trying in vain
    Kept shifting my side , I cried again
    The throbbing punch kept on it's game
    Twas almost morning when I could fall asleep
    Having fought a battle in the night so deep
    I tried my medicine and prayed to the Lord
    What mistake I had committed , to be gored!
    I came to realise that I had neglected my health
    It had been taken away just like wealth
    But wealth can be gained if it's ever lost
    It is the value of health it seemed where I had lost
    Friends , it was an earache which drove my sleep away
    Made me cry in pain and damaged my next day!
    If such a small thing can shake our sleep
    We really need to mend the attitude we keep...
    Yes due to ignorance or out of laziness we tend to neglect certain important things which may boomerang as a big problem for the future and the expenses out of it would be multiple and that cannot be gauged. We often take the life very easily and even small ailments are neglected with the fact that when the disease can set in, it can get out of our body automatically. Even at the office when the works are assigned to us we try to postpone the same thinking that it was a small task and that can be finished before leaving for the home. But seldom we understand that , the task given to us was most important and has the cascading effect on other employees who has to submit their report on our feed back and work completion. So keeping or neglecting any work or task even it concern to health or work at office, we must attend to the same immediately, otherwise there would be sleepless nights and tensions guaranteed.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

We should not neglect anything thinking that as small. Small small water drops put together make the ocean.small small ants put together can kill an elephant. Small small pieces of dry grass will become a big rope and can be used to tie down an elephant. So nothing should be neglected as small. When it comes to health any small problem also should be treated properly to avoid complications in future. There are many incidents which I noticed in this category. Thinking as a small problem neglected and later on suffered a lot. So be wise and take corrective action at the correct time. A stitch in time saves nine.
    drrao
    always confident

Yes a small hole in the ship can submerge the whole into the sea.
    Our elders used to say 'we should never keep the lights or burning items on our head side while sleeping as it is equal to the usage near a dead body. (They donot tell the reason frankly but says hidden). One day when all our house persons went out,I and my wife decided to sleep in the hall. Ignorantly we kept the mosquito coil on the head side near pillow. In the middle night we felt some suffocation and got up and found our pillow got touched the coil and got super fire. Then we set out the fire by keeping the burning pillow into tub water. Later we got bulb from our parents.

The author has nicely put his creative mind in threading this beautiful narration. He has really made a point that how small things can create big problems in life.

Life is like that. We must respect even a small thing as we do not know what will happen if we do not care about it.

Knowledge is power.

Very good poetic recital of a common mistake that many of us do, neglect our health. Often simple issues are tasks are left on to become major issues that need a major solution. Good choice of words, only when we suffer physically or emotionally we look up to the Almighty for help and answers to the many questions.

This applies to many things in daily life at home from the dripping tap to meeting the superiors at work for a raise or a promotion that's long overdue to us.

As usual, a very good poem from the author. As we all know, we must not ignore small health problems, but very few among us follow this. However, I would like to know how is she now? How is her 'earache'?
    Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

Thank You dear members for respoyto my thread cum description of agony.Partha Sir, my earache is much better now and I was relieved of the pain with the help of medication.
    Pain in even a small amount can bring out the best of ideas too!

Regards,
    ar
    "If things go wrong, don’t go with them"

Thank You dear members for responding to my thread cum description of agony.Partha Sir, my earache is much better now and I was relieved of the pain with the help of medication.
    Pain in even a small amount can bring out the best of ideas too!

Regards,
    ar
    "If things go wrong, don’t go with them"

• Sign In to post your comments