You must Sign In to post a response.
Had fun participating in the Diwali e-book contest? Time to check out if you won a prize!
  • Category: Winners

Cracker of a Diwali: e-book contest winners

We had a cracker of an e-book contest with enthusiastic participation from 13 members. Six members who registered for the contest did not submit their entries & two expressed their inability to do so. Still, it was quite exciting I think! So if you think so, too, we can organize similar ones in future, not necessarily centered on any festival as such.

The winners are:
    First prize winners, who each will get a cash award of Rs.150/- are: Neethu, Joyshree and Saji.

Second prize winners, who each will get a cash award of Rs.100/- are: Partha and Natarajan.

A consolation prize of Rs.75/- is being awarded to Padmini.

Other than the winners, all participants will get minimum 10 points & cc will be given as per the quality of their entry. Winners will be credited with the minimum 10 points in their entry-response & the cc will be credited to their profile account.

Please join me to congratulate the winners & give your feedback on the contest, too, in this thread.
    Highly disappointed with the result. Injustice has been done to some creative writing. I encourage such contests in future with fair judgement.
    However, I will not participate in such creative story writing contest and waste my time and energy to create well.

My hearty congrats to the winners, runners up and consolation prize winner.

No life without Sun

My hearty congrats to the e-Book Diwali contest first prize winners, who are: Neethu, Joyshree and Saji. Second prize winners, who are: Partha and Natarajan. And consolation prize winner Padmini.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

A good contest. Many participated in the competition and deserving contesters got the prizes. In my page only one mistake I have committed that the name of the person I have changed. I think it is not a serious mistake.
    I like to congratulate the winners namely, Neethu, Joyshree, Saji, Partha, Natarajan and Padmini.
    Every participant has done a good job. If the selection procedure adopted is known to all the selection can be appreciated louder.

drrao
    always confident

1. I am disappointed that Mr. SuN missed an award. I think, he gave a new twist to the story in the chapter written by him.

2. I congratulate all the award-winners.

3. I thank Ms. Vandana for choosing my writing for the second prize.

4. I must also state that out of 14 chapters, the first and last chapters were really great. Why? The first chapter had ended with many possibilities. In the second chapter, I took one of those many possibilities. The entire story had many loose and unexplained ends. The last chapter tried to fix those loose ends as best as possible. So, my salute to Ms. Vandana, the author of the first and last chapters.

Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

Please do such contests in future too. It encourages the fair competitive spirits in participants. But the care for grievances is must from any participant who is crying foulplay in the process. Thanjs
    Subhash
    ''Let noble thoughts come to us from all sides.'' : Rig Veda

I am glad to be one of the winners in this contest, truly enjoyed this contest. Hearty wishes to all other winners and participants as well.

Thank you all for your wishes.

Partha,
    Thanks for understanding the twist in the story that made the author of the last chapter to conclude the story in a befitting manner. The contest author failed to understand this.

No life without Sun

Congratulations to all the participants and the winners, the entries were all interesting. I think we can have more such contests to encourage others who have not had a chance to participate or win to try once more.

#612561, I don't think the foul play would happen in such contests where the spirit of participation outwins the cc's. I'm sure the contest judge had a difficult time with many good entries.

Congratulations to the winners and the participants.

Congratulations to all the first and second prize winners. I thank ISC for finding me suitable for consolation prize.
    I liked this contest a lot and entries turned into a good suspense story. Some chapters were really good and well coordinated.
    I wish to have such contests in future also.
    We can have pre-decided character names for the story as a new feature of the contest.

Padmini

Living & Learning- simultaneous processes!

Hearty congratulations to Neethu, Joyshree, Partha, Natarajan and Padmini! I thank the judging team for selecting my entry for a prize.
    'Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance'- Confucius

Hearty congratulations to the winners, runner ups and consolation prize winners. Also a big applause to all the participants. I somehow couldn't be a part of it and I don't regret as I am not as creative as the members who participated.
    Regards
    Chitra
    "Do not give up, things might not favour you always"

Congratulations to all the winners. There should be a round of applause for Vandana Mam who started first chapter of e-book. Story she initiated was very innocent and colorful. Thereby it somehow lost innocence as there were criminals involved. There were also shootouts, aliens, involvement of drugs and what not. Later Jenny brought back that essence of diwali celebration by introducing the chapter Festivals of light. A good contest overall.

Hearty congratulations to all the winners of first and second prizes of this contest. Unfortunately I couldn't participate in this contest.
    Honesty is the best policy.

Thankyou Reena Upadhya for touching the essence of Diwali. Since the theme of the e-book was 'Cracker of a Diwali'. I focused on story telling by a grandma to a grand daughter with Diwali celebration and its importance as the theme and included all the members Diwali chapter words, in my chapter -' Festival of Lights'. I avoided all the unhappy incidences away. But what I found was the Diwali celebration in each chapter became thrilling stories with twists and turns, away from the theme. I appreciate the adventures, the creativity and the characters, the plots written by our participating ISC members with so much zeal and enthusiasm in the e-book.

#612651, agree with you on 'essence of Diwali' .Given the theme and the previous chapters, I had to continue from the shootout and still introduce the spirit of Diwali. Hence I brought the concept of the Grandma being wise and use the real-life event to highlight the Spirit of Diwali .i.e good winning over evil and the bad characters releasing their mistakes and correcting themselves and by the end Diya understanding the message given by her grandmother.

Next time maybe we can have the broad plot and the key characters and try how we all imagine within the limitations to keep the story intact.

My heartiest congratulations to the winner, second prize winner and consolation prize winner of the Diwali ebook contest. Nice and very creative work by everyone.
    Do what inspires you !!

Congratulations to the various level prize winners in "Cracker of a Diwali: e-book contest ".
    I also appreciate all other the participants for their creative spirit and talent.
    I am sure similar contests which enable more members to showcase their creativity and ability, and to get more cash credits , will enthuse and encourage more and more participants.
    Appreciation to ME for conducting the contest.

My heartiest congratulation to all winners of the contest Diwali: E-book and thanks to ME Vandanaji for this creative contest.
    Phagu
    Success occurs when opportunity and preparation meet.

My hearty congratulations to all the winners of a cracker of a Diwali ebook contest. Unfortunately, I was not able to participate because I am busy with my house opening function next month. But I hope I may participate in the future contest if I am free from my personal work. Once congratulations to all the winners of this contest.

Everyone,

The main awards as well as points & cc have been credited to your entries. Please check & let me know if anybody was missed out.

Also, if you have any ideas for the next e-book contest, please submit them here. And for goodness' sake, follow the contest rules and read the instructions!

Keep smiling...one day life will get tired of upsetting you.

Congratulations to the winners.

I was supposed to end the story, and believe me when I say this - I had the ending drafted in my mind. I knew where I was going to take the ending, it was quite different from the way Vandana ended it.

I had a family crisis due to which I could neither participate in the contest nor send an alert of my unavailability.

"A love affair with knowledge will never end in heartbreak" - Michael Garrett Marino

Juana,
    It will be interesting if you post your ending chapter here to appreciate if it had a good ending than Vandana's.

No life without Sun

Curious to know the ending that was in your mind, waiting eagerly to read it!

Juana,
    I suggest you to create a new thread tiled "The End to Begin" and post your ending chapter there. And it would be a beginning chapter of a new story(Chapter one) to continue with another story. You can make it a contest and award accordingly from the ISC virtual shop. Let us have a fun from Juana.

No life without Sun

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.