Linking Aadhaar number to bank accounts and mobile phone service mandatory or not - real factsThere seem to be constant contradictory media reports about whether or not to link the Aadhaar number to the bank account & to the mobile number. Does anybody know for surety and can provided any official statement source?
What are the true facts for -
1. Should Aadhaar be linked to a Savings account? (my bank said yes, by 31st December I need to do so.)
2. Should Aadhaar be linked to a Current account? (no idea about this myself)
3. Should Aadhaar be linked to a PPF account (my bank said they had not received any official notification about this.)
4. Should Aadhaar be linked to a Demat account (bank staff handling Demat accounts were not around when I visited the branch.)
5. Should Aadhaar be linked to a mobile number (there was a queue of people submitting it at a nearby mobile service's outlet, but some time back I had seen a media report that we have till February to do this and not December-end as was stated earlier. There is also, I think, a court petition on this.)
Please put the information you have as per your communications with your Bank or as per any official source you are aware of. Also, did you face any issues with the Aadhaar linking? Share your experience, too, here.