You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Problems/Complaints

The search system in ISC forum is non-functional

Dear ISC,
    I am trying to meet the request of Partha to get five of my best forum threads by searching it through the search box held in the forum section. I tried my best, and my repeated attempts proved futile. No search is possible. Will you do something to get the search in place?
    Yeah, the search function is not working even I had tried to search few things but didn't get the expected results so I got my threads by clicking on the link "My Threads", it is present above Forum Super Stars.

Just now I used the search tool on ISC and I found it working. Can you please try now once. It may not work on mobile. I have tried on laptop. This for your information SUN.
    @SUN. What happened to Jallikattu Results. Waiting for the results eagerly.

drrao
    always confident

Neethu,
    You are new and I am old at ISC. I need to search my best threads of 2011. It is not easy to get them by clicking 'My threads'. So, I need the search box to get my desired threads. Though there are means and methods available to get them, it will be easy to find them through the search box. So, ISC should care and rectify the defect in the search system.

No life without Sun

I remember someone had raised one thread a few weeks back regarding the search function and one of the editors had replied that they are still working on fixing it. There is some issue, I guess it's still not fixed, maybe the editors can update it.

It's true it will be difficult to dig up the old threads without the search function, but if it doesn't work then we will have to use the workaround.

Looking forward to reading your creative threads.

Sorry, Dr. NV Srinivasa Rao. I am using my desktop. The search box is still not working.

@ As I was away and unable to use my mobile to post the results, I could not announce the result. I shall do it now.

No life without Sun

Mr Sun, the solution was posted to another query on the same issue a few days earlier. It is true that the search key facility is not totally functional due to some technical issue which is being looked into. But you can use the same by pressing the 'enter' button after entering your matter in the box. Please try it out and confirm whether you are able to access your desired pages by this method.
    'Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance'- Confucius

Yes I also tried to go back to my best forum threads through forum search enhancement, but I could not get it enabled. There is a problem which need to be addressed.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

• Sign In to post your comments