You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Let's know: documents accepted in the airports to prove identity

In the present era of e-ticketing, the security agencies do strict checking in the airport. The security personnel insist on proving the identity of the passengers. Bureau of Civil Aviation Security (BCAS) has announced the list of documents which are accepted in Indian airports to prove identity of Indian passengers. We must note down the documents for our own convenience. These documents are:-

(i) Valid Passport on the date of journey
    (ii) Voter ID Card issued by the Election Commission of India
    (iii) PAN card issued by Government of India
    (iv) Service ID Card issued by Central Government, State Government, Public Sector Undertaking or Public Limited Company
    (v) Student ID Card issued by the Government Institutions or Government-recognised Educational Institutions
    (vi) Current Passbook of a Nationalised Bank with attested photo
    (vii) Pensioner's Identity Card or Pension Payment Order (PPO) with photograph
    (viii) Disability ID Card or Disability Certificate issued by the competent authority of Central Government/State Government/Union Territory

So, Members! Please don't forget to carry one of the aforestated documents while travelling by air.
    Thank you for the information. Generally, I carry PAN card. Is Adhaar card is not there on the list. It may be there on the list. Anyhow, thank you for sharing the information for all of us.
    drrao
    always confident

Thank you Dr. Rao for pointing it out. AADHAR or e-AADHAR is definitely there in the list. I missed it in my thread.
    Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

Timely list of documents for air travel. Adhar card is also used as ID proof.Generally for domestic travel why carry our passports. We can restrict it for use at international travel check. In case of a loss, getting the other documents re-done or re-issued would be much easier than the passport.
    When we travel, we keep scanned copies or a screenshot of ID documents, flight travel and hotel bookings in a folder in both our mobiles. We delete it once we come back.

• Sign In to post your comments