You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Reward Programs

Topic for TOW contest for the week 29th Oct to 04th Nov '17- Addiction.

Being the last Sunday of October, it is now time to announce the topic for the Thread of the Week contest for the last week, that is 29th Oct – 04th Nov '17. Many topics crossed our mind, and after considering different factors, it has been decided that Addiction would be a good topic to be discussed.

Please note that the call is not restricted to social subjects only. One can be addicted to substances or habits or even with persons or ideas. There is large number of aspects connected to the topic. You can let your imagination fly and come back with threads having various dimensions and meanings. Start thinking and come up with good ideas.

What is to be done:

1. Submit a forum thread on the given topic in the forum in the appropriate category.
    2. Provide clickable link of the URL of your forum thread as a response in this thread to be considered as an entry for the contest. Please go through this link to know how to create a hyperlink.
    3. Only one entry per member is allowed.
    4. It should be unique, precise and must be well conceived and well written.
    5. All members including editors can participate.

The winner will be given a cash reward of Rs 60/- with 60 additional points and the Special Prize winners will get Rs 40/- and 40 points each.

Other eligible threads also may be awarded suitably.

This thread will be locked on the 04th of November.

So, let your imagination go wild and come up with your thoughts on the given topic.
    This is my entry for the contest-
    Addiction of social media

This is my entry for the contest

Addiction to unhealthy food

Do what inspires you !!

This is my entry for the contest drug addiction

'My addiction is coffee' is my entry

Mr Ramachandran, you need to provide a clickable link for your entry to be considered for the contest.
    'Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance'- Confucius

My entry

Addiction of watching idiotic things on idiot box

"It is hardest thing in the world to be good thinker without being a good self examiner"

My entry

An-addiction-to-take-selfies-from-the-smartphone.

A blunt knife or rusted knife can't be useful for anything just for the sake we call it as the knife similar to PayTM series or Sachin or Virat records.

My entry for the TOW Addiction thy name is ISC
    No life without Sun

My entry for the thread of the week (TOW) contest

Music addiction: pause the world and play the music

[Response removed by Admin. Read forum policies.]

Mr.Sohil, i think by error or oversight you've mentioned Abortion. I don't think people would be discussing this or immigration, it would be an ambition not an addiction. just my thoughts.

The entry for thread of week from my side is Addicted to Outer beauty

This is my entry to the tow topic 'addiction'

My association with Indiastudychannel for the past 8 years is nothing but addiction from inner heart

K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

This is my entry to the tow topic addiction.
    Families are getting ruined because of addiction to this bad habit.

drrao
    always confident

[Response removed by Admin. Read forum policies.]

My entry for TOW
    Addiction to Online Shopping

My humble submission:-
    Addiction to history caused his death

Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

Here is the link to my entry for the competition -

Voice of a teenager - my interests are not an addcition

"A love affair with knowledge will never end in heartbreak" - Michael Garrett Marino

Srijita, your link is pointing to the Google home page and not the thread's URL.

Yes, I just mentioned the link. Will write it afterwards.

Aftermath my addiction

It is to tell how people actually get rid of an addiction and how painful it is to kill a habit.

The stronger a light shines the darker are the shadows around it.

This is my topic video games addiction
    "Be cool and Stay focused".
    Shaik sohail.

My entry for the contest is Young addicts - How do we help them?
    Regards
    Chitra
    "Do not give up, things might not favour you always"

Hi, this is my entry.
    Advantages of Addiction

Regards,
    ar
    "If things go wrong, don’t go with them"

My entry for the contest

Do we all have addiction for our thoughts?

Below is my entry for the contest:

The Addiction which I had to feed

My entry for the contest is below.

Knock! Knock! I am Addiction. May I come in please?

I give below the link for my entry for this TOW contest:

I am not ashamed of my addition-addiction to my family

A nice topic to discuss abou ADDICTION!well we are all addicted to so many things in our life like addiction to our morning cuppa either tea or coffee without which we would feel like as if our day has never started..makes one feel groggy all through the day if missed by chance to have it..for some people its the newspaper and for some people like me their early morning walks. Well addiction has two sides good and bad..while these things don't come under bad addiction category if overdone ofcourse has its own disadvantages too,like if am going to spend some two to three hours walking all am going to do is screw up my joints. Well the moment I saw the topic of discussion all that comes to my mind is HEALTHY EATING HABITS!yes am not talking about unhealthy eating...am talking about Healthy eating...many of us are obssessed about eating healthy...every magazine ;newspaper;social media like WhatsApp etc talk only about Healthy food...eat this..eat that..this food has omega3 fatty acids...that food help you lose weight...Broccoli is a superfood etc..eventually people's discussion at workplace or in the parks or at a gathering has become Healthy food!I feel too much of healthy food also will make one sick..with all these healthy super food can one stay disease free?the more one tries to eat healthy food the more one wants junk food...its like the more you fast the more you think about food...too much of anything is too bad.This is the entry for TOW contest topic : Addiction

Dear Surekha,
    With reference to your above posted comment (614047), you need to post a new separate thread as an entry for TOW contests.
    You can post your entry at "http://www.indiastudychannel.com/forum/PostForum.aspx?grammarchecked=true" . You need to give it an appropriate title and then submit the same.
    Once you submit, you must give the clickable link oh that thread as a comment in this thread.

Padmini

Living & Learning- simultaneous processes!

My entry for this contest-
    Addiction- an unwanted addition to have a normal life

Padmini

Living & Learning- simultaneous processes!

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.