You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

God created the birds Hen and Cock for the purpose of providing eggs for human beings

Members,
    Vegetarian members might disagree and Non-Veg members might agree fully. God has created the bird Hen (female)and cock (male) to provide eggs for human consumption. Do you agree or disagree? If we do not consume eggs that are laid by the hens, the hen and cock population would be abnormallly high in this world. We are controlling the hen population by consuming eggs. Just imagine, if we don't eat eggs as food. This is also applicable to other domestic animals like the cow and goat, but not like Hen and Cock. What do you say?
    I agree to it. If all the eggs was let to hatch, then there would have been more hens around. If we take the example of the forest, one animal eat the other. But it does not eat all the animals but only when it is hungry. This way that particular animal does not get extinct and also the other animal can live on it. Similarly we live on eggs. I eat egg and I have never felt guilt about doing so.
    Regards
    Chitra
    "Do not give up, things might not favour you always"

I am a strict vegetarian and I don't even eat egg. Even then I feel what the author says may be true. If all the eggs were left without eating the population of hens and cocks populations might have been too much. Then we might have thought of birth control to these birds also. The animals allow other animals to live on. A tiger never eats another tiger. A hen never kills another hen. So animals allow other animals also exist. This is the fact.
    drrao
    always confident

I fully agree with the author. I has been thinking about this issue for a quite long time. I have not found any other purpose of existence of hen and cock except providing meat and egg to humans and other bigger carnivores.
    Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

Interesting thread, I would like to disagree Mr.SuN. It is rather difficult to read into God's reason for creating hen and cock, it could just be like any other domestic bird, ducks, quails etc, creating another life form that also gives eggs.
    Generally, eggs are laid by hen without the male (cock or rooster) counterpart being around almost on a daily basis sometimes. That's why an egg ( produced on a commercial scale) bought from the supermarket cannot be hatched.

I think the second part is overstretching things, eating eggs helps in controlling hen population. I think it's the other way round, eggs are secured by rearing hens on a commercial industry. If we stop poultry farming and commercial rearing chicken for human consumption for the sake of getting eggs, then the transient hen population would be much less. We would be left with only some hens and cocks that farmers would have around their homes.
    interesting to see what others feel.

Mr Natarajan,
    I agree that the eggs from the hens reared by the commercial industry cannot hatch. I am talking about the country chicken(naattu kozhi) that hatches everyday for a few days. These eggs are sold in the market at high prices. An egg cost Rs. 10/- They are the original eggs fit for consumption to keep up our health.

No life without Sun

Agreed Mr.SuN, the free range or country ones are the best. was just presenting a different view to the thread.

I disagree, based on scientific facts.

A hen will lay eggs, irrespective of whether it has a mate or not. A mate only helps in fertilising the egg. A fertilised egg will develop into a chick if the conditions are favourable. The laying of the egg is a biological process.

Ovulation or the release of the ovum (what we call an egg) happens periodically, depending on the ovulation cycle. The ovulation cycle is present in the female species of humans as well. In hens, the egg is released, as part of the ovulation cycle. The hen lays the egg, irrespective of whether it is fertilised or not. It will continue to lay eggs throughout its life. The frequency generally depends on the breed of the chicken and reduces as the chickens' age. But, a healthy chicken will lay eggs, regularly, in its prime.

The rooster has no role to play.

My grandfather had a poultry farm, and he kept only hens. There were no roosters in the pen.

"A love affair with knowledge will never end in heartbreak" - Michael Garrett Marino

Juana,
    If that is the case, what is the role of a rooster as a male member of that family?

No life without Sun

Sun,

If you read through my response you will find the answer to your question. Please go through the third sentence, which is explicable, in itself.

"A love affair with knowledge will never end in heartbreak" - Michael Garrett Marino

Juana, I think all the eggs that a country hen lays are fertilized and get hatched. Where is the question of fertilized and non fertilized eggs. How do they look? How do you differentiate the eggs. Please enlighten me.
    No life without Sun

As far as I understand the hens(females) lay infertile eggs even day or a little over every day. Hence these don't hatch. If the rooster and hen mate then there is a chance of the following eggs that are fertilized. There is a big difference.
    This is what is mentioned in the first part of my reply 613331 and the early part of Juana' reply also. So, eggs go from a poultry coop would not hatch, whereas free roaming hens living with roosters in farms or villages have got a chance to hatch. How to differentiate, I don't know.

Mr Sun, Juana's response at #613359 is self-explanatory. I don't see any need for you to seek further clarifications in this connection. Hope you got my point.
    'Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance'- Confucius

Saji,
    I don't get your point. I think mating between a cock and hen is essential for initial ovulation. All the eggs cannot be hatched and failures are expected. Once a matting would do the job to fetch many fertile eggs with few infertile eggs. In tamil we call it as Koomuttai(Muttai means fertile egg. Koomuttai means dummy egg with no content)Koomuttai will float in water.

No life without Sun

As if this is true there are lots of tigers will remain in this world.Because nobody will eat tigers and very few animals can combat with tigers. Once Mahatma Gandhi quoted "The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals and birds are treated".
    A blunt knife or rusted knife can't be useful for anything just for the sake we call it as the knife similar to PayTM series or Sachin or Virat records.

Funny but not true. First things first I don't think God created hens. Actually humans did. Through thorough cross-breeding programs around 7000BC. We made hens like we wanted them to be. Plump, highly reproductive,tasty, powerless and dumb. Whereas the actual ancestors of today's hens are- Tyranosaurus rex. Yes, birds descended from dinosaurs. So, it wouldn't be wrong if I said humans tamed dinos.
    And you think we keep hen population is check and it's true. But why are even eating something we created in the first place? Hens are a pest now. Hens outnumber humans by 3 times.
    '

The stronger a light shines the darker are the shadows around it.

Mr. Aditya,
    Can't agree with your funny answer. All the creatures are God made, not man made. Men knows how to destroy but not to create. You talk about dinosaurs. The present day dynosaurs are the lizards we see. The dynasaurs have been shaped to become small lizards. Birds stand nowhere to dinosaurs. The cock(rooster) decorates the flag of lord Karthikeya.

No life without Sun

The thread intro was so far from science that I didn't feel like posting any response because what the OP here lacks is basic science knowledge which is taught at the primary level.

Sun, what Aditya has mentioned is actual science and there is nothing funny in it. There is a lot of genetic mixing that humans have done to make our life easy. This cross breeding extends across the plant and animal kingdom. Present day banana, corn, sugar beet, tomato, watermelon, eggplant and many more fruits and vegetables are a result of scientific intervention to improve the quality of food. Even our dogs are a result of cross-breeding from the lineage of wolfs. If you care to look at the historical images of these items you will understand how far we have come to make these items edible.

Ankit,
    My simple answer is - Whatever we do or make is under the guidance of the God who is in the form of science. It is the brain work of human being. That brain is the handwork of God who created the human beings. No further explanation is required on this subject "creation'

No life without Sun

No Sun, there is no proof for the "creationism" theory. The term that science identifies is Evolution.

We don't believe in existence of God. But science has proved the existence of God in some way. A Tamil saying -Avaninri Oranuvum Asaiyaathu".( Without Him a molecule won't move). Even the scientist break a coconut to the God to give thanks for their creation.
    No life without Sun

I don't think there is anything more to discuss since there have been clear explanations given on the thread topic. Let's have some better, sensible topics for discussion, please, for this platform.
    Keep smiling...one day life will get tired of upsetting you.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.