You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

My addiction is coffee

Addiction is,probably, a superlative to a habit. A good addiction is okey always but towards a bad or illegal it should be given up any cost.
    My addiction is towards coffee since last 40 years. I can take or accept coffee at any time. During my college time I have been given office work in college as a student-aid-worker. Then I took my lunch in college canteen, as the persons therein known well to me, I took a small cup of coffee after finishing curd rice. One lecturer was also jovially commented.
    When I was going to Nellore on office work , it took late night to return, so I used buy a milk pocket and bru sachet for preparing coffee without disturbing others. To that extent I am with coffee addiction
    Many of the south Indians like coffee more than tea. The day of the many South Indians starts with coffee and end with coffee. Many of them can live without meals for 2 to 3 days but without coffee, they can't live for 12 hours. So coffee is a part and parcel of their life. I used to take coffee everyday 2 to 3 times. Before lunch we are accustomed to take coffee only. After lunch only we used to have tea. A small story in this regard. May not be true. After Rama came back from aryanavasam and became the king of Ayodhya, he called Anjaneya Swamy and asked him to tell his wish so that he can fulfil that. Hanuman told that in Kali-yuga in the morning everybody should remember his name. So Rama told that it will be done. He asked everybody to remember him as Kapi. Slowly the Kapi has become coffee. So everybody in the morning starts their day by uttering coffee at least once.
    drrao
    always confident

I know few people who are addicted to tea or coffee, They even get a headache or would want to puke if they did not get tea or coffee on time. However, I am not like that and is not at all addicted to it. I am okay even if I don't drink tea or coffee in a day or two. But at work, when it is really stressed up I take 2-3 coffees a day. That is just to keep me refreshed and active and not because of any sort of addiction to it.
    Regards
    Chitra
    "Do not give up, things might not favour you always"

Hi, Dr.rao sir have given a new version for the coffee habit in the morning, however it is good only. Thanks rao ji.

I can understand that most of the South Indian people especially Tamil speaking persons are very much coffee addict and I am also one of them. For me the day start with early morning coffee and that too filter coffee. If I wont take the coffee early in the morning at 4 am, I feel that some thing is lost in the life and the whole day gets disturbed as my mood will be off and I wont talk to any one nor do the things systematically. Such is the addiction of highest level of coffee and for just two days I had been to Chennai and had lots of coffee to my satisfaction. The Kumbakonam Decree coffee is very famous.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

As a coffee addict, you are having good news.
    Science says people drink coffee appear to live longer. Drinking coffee is associated with lower risk of death due to heart disease; cancer, stroke, diabetes, and kidney disease. People who consumed a cup of coffee a day were 12% less likely to die compared to those who didn't drink coffee. This association was even stronger for those who drank two to three cups a day- 18% reduced chance of death.-(Source- Science Daily)
    A yet unidentified component of coffee interacts with the beverage's caffeine, which could be a surprising reason why daily coffee intake protects against Alzheimer's disease. A new Alzheimer's mouse study by researchers at the University of South Florida found that this interaction boost blood levels of a critical growth factor that seems to fight off Alzheimer's disease process.
    So, Mr Patabhiraman, you can go all out with your coffee addiction!

Wait!

Before going in full swing, please read below paragraph.
    Drinking coffee shortly after waking up is actually a bit counterproductive. Not only does it undermine the caffeine's effect, but it tends to lead people to build a resistance for the drug, thereby diminishing its effect down the road.
    Mr. Patabhiraman, Let us have a Coffee party and you are free to select the venue! I would like to know different varieties of coffee. What is the specialty of Kumpakonam Decree Coffee mentioned in the response #613454?

In earlier days, I rarely used to take coffee. But during last five years or so, my intake of coffee has been gradually increasing. And my sleep has been proportionately decreasing.
    Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

Coffee is a good beverage to drink. I also prefer coffee most of the times while at work. It relieves me of work tensions for some time and gives a peace of mind. Some people are heavily addicted to coffee. It is good to consume in a limited amount, but taking too much can lead to many diseases. So, try drinking in limits, so that you keep yourself healthy too.
    Do what inspires you !!

The lather that comes out this Kumbakonam Decree coffee makes it famous and that adds taste which lingers in the tongue for many hours. It is not possible to write more on that, just have one sip and you will mention the greatness.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Tea and coffee are the two drinks which are very common and popular in our country. If we go to a house and they offer us tea and we say that we do not take tea then they immediately offer us coffee. These two drinks are the lifeline for many people who can not start their day without this.

To take them in limited quantity like two times in a day is a common and usual thing but if someone takes it say after every 2-3 hours then probably we can say it is an addiction.

Knowledge is power.

Once you are in South India,you can safely stop in any roadside little shop and be assured of the filter coffee, some villages use palm sugar instead of regular sugar and the taste is different.Many of these shops sell buns(very fluffy pav buns), a couple of these and cup of coffee you are good to go many miles.
    It's a good addiction to have but we have to cautious when we go to the imported coffee shops wherein a tall glass of strong black coffee followed by energy drinks can be harmful.
    One titbit about coffee. I've never tasted but have heard that the most expensive coffee is the civet coffee around 35 to 80 dollars a cup!.Here coffee berries are eaten by the civet and get partially digested and expelled naturally. This is the basic beans that are further used to make coffee that hs a unique taste.

Yes natraj ji, we can have good filter coffee in many shops of Tamilnad but nowadays they are also switching to instant, which I do not like. When we went to Kerala Guruvayur I got only instant coffee in most of the hotels and shops whereas a good tea was available. I told the driver whom we booked for local trips to reach the hotels where filter coffee available and mr.manikandan , a driver based Guruvayur took us to good hotels.
    Once,I read in newspapers, Rajiv Gandhi visited Kumbakonam and Tanjore (he was also a coffee liker)asked for coffee to his associate and he offered coffee from flask. Rajiv refused and stopped his Jeep in a roadside shop and asked just coffee and availed a good filter coffee and told his associates that in many shops of Tanjore Kumbakonam belt we can get a good filter coffee.

• Sign In to post your comments