You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

What we really need to live on this good earth happily and peacefully?

Members,
    Would it be wrong if I say we need the following only to lead a good life on this good earth happily and peacefully? What a person need is:-
    1. A house to reside.
    2. A job to earn to feed and cloth.
    3. Some bank balance to meet our urgent need.
    4. A vehicle to move.
    5. A spouse to help.
    6. One or two children to help us in the old age.
    7. Some savings for our future

What else do we need? Did I cover everything? You can add it to the list if you have something that is missed out by me.
    I think what you have written are sufficient for our living. But there is a problem in your list itself.
    1. A house to reside: How big? in which part of the world? what are the amenities you are looking for in the house? So there is no limit. Initially, I purchased an apartment. Then I have constructed a single floor independent hose then converted to duplex and thinking about converting it to triples. So there is no end to it.
    2. A job to earn to feed and cloth: Good. Here also so many varieties will come. Here also you will have a number of question which can be extending forever.
    3. A vehicle to move: Here also it can from a cycle to a charter flight.
    4. A spouse to help. What are the criteria?
    5. one or two children to help you in the old age. Where is the guarantee that they will help? They may take you money and may be on their own.
    6. Some savings for our future: How much. can we define?
    Your answers to the requirements of life will arise a countless number of questions again. So the requirement of life can't be defined. It is endless. So a person should have contentment with what he had. That will give you the satisfaction. I feel contentment is the requirement of our life. Do you agree?

drrao
    always confident

Here I am making some additions and corrections to your observations :

1. A house to reside. That should be Independent house with no disturbance from others.
    2. A job to earn to feed and cloth. The job should be totally satisfied one with no room for complaints.
    3. Some bank balance to meet our urgent need. Yes that should be maintained always.
    4. A vehicle to move. Yes it has become a necessity . Previously having vehicle considered luxury.
    5. A spouse to help. Yes good and understanding life partner will sooth our living for more days.
    6. One or two children to help us in the old age. And that depends on our nurturing.
    7. Some savings for our future. When future is unpredictable, to whom we should save ?

K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

According to to me the main requisite is 'self content' which has been reiterated in many spiritual stories and ethics. Everything happening is pre determined by the Almighty and the same never can be changed or altered we should think for our requirement but we should not long for it or do whatever effort to avail it or worrying more for the same. You will never get an item in spite of any triumphs/effort if it is not for you. Similarly if one has to come to you means you will get that even without your single effort but will reach you in proper time. Normally if we start want of things there is no limit as the same has been told by economist Alfred Marshall, 'wants are unlimited' even before many decades.

Good idea Mr.SuN.A shopping list for life
    1. A house to reside - a simple apartment in a good locality
    2. A job to earn to feed and cloth- a job appropriate for our qualifications
    3. Some bank balance to meet our urgent need - a sum for medical emergencies and for kids education
    4. A vehicle to move - a small family car
    5. A spouse to help- no a spouse to be our life partner, not helper
    6. One or two children to help us in the old age- one or two based on our ability to dedicate time and resources
    7. Some savings for our future - if we get through this then some for retirement.
    8. Good health - a healthy body free of diseases
    9. Circle of family, well-wishers and friends - at good times and difficult times to support us.
    10.Healthy mind and a positive outlook -to enjoy the gifts of life
    11.Spiritual contentment - some like me, need the blessings of God our creator.

• Sign In to post your comments