You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Amusement

Are you ready to participate in Jallikattu in November?

Members and ISC Bull fighters,
    Are you ready to fight the Jallikattu in November. Here are 19 bulls you need to fight. The controller of this long Jallikattu is - A long title of a Hindi film. Let us see who is the best bull fighter of this long fight. Kindly don't (don't) disclose the controller. Give the name of the 19 right bulls only.

1.AMD
    2.VILE
    3.AYP
    4.AIDL
    5.DDA
    6.SETAT
    7.OMOR
    8.UNR
    9.PTA
    10.ATC
    11.ENT
    12.HCIN
    13.GERAN
    14.SHA
    15.TAR
    16.SOPT
    17.AEMT
    18.OTN
    19.SEPT

Come on, shoot to fight.
    Members,
    Why there is no one to fight this long ISC Jallikattu. Clue. I am also part of the controller.

No life without Sun

Members,
    I think you all are finding hard to fight in this Jallikattu. Further clue is - The controller is connected with actor Sashikapoor and actress Zeenath Aman. Hope you can try and fight now.

No life without Sun

There you go. Here are my answers -

1.AMD - MAD
    2.VILE - VEIL
    3.AYP - YAP
    4.AIDL - DIAL
    5.DDA - ADD
    6.SETAT – STATE
    7.OMOR - MOOR
    8.UNR – URN
    9.PTA - APT
    10.ATC - ACT
    11.ENT - NET
    12.HCIN - INCH
    13.GERAN - RANGE
    14.SHA - HAS
    15.TAR - ART
    16.SOPT - SPOT
    17.AEMT - MATE
    18.OTN - TON
    19.SEPT - STEP

"A love affair with knowledge will never end in heartbreak" - Michael Garrett Marino

Juana,
    Once again you proved yourself as a Best ISC Jallikattu fighter. Well done.

Members,
    The controller of the long bull fight(Jallikattu) is -Satyam Sivam Sundaram. The first clue - I am part of the controller (My name is Sundaram). Sashi Kapoor and Zeenat Aman are the star of the film.

Please join me to congratulate Ms. Juana, the Best ISC Bull fighter.

No life without Sun

Congratulation Juana, I totally agree this was pretty tough one, but after the second clue got the movie name, I was arranging the bulls but then I saw the answer of Juana.

Yesterday after getting the second clue from Sun, I thought I should try for that and I guessed the name correctly. But from today morning I am very busy in my office and I am not able to work on this. Just now I opened and I found the reply by Juana. Congratulations to Juana.
    It takes a lot of time to guess the name as it is a very big one.

drrao
    always confident

Sun,

It is Shivam and not Sivam. I had got the film name as soon as you gave the first clue and was working on the list of words. However, I realised that you had listed only 19 and not 20,so then stopped trying to get the complete list, thinking I was wrong. I was going to ask you if you had given the correct number, but then got busy with other work and it slipped my mind.

Anyway, congratulations to Juana for her answers!

When people come at you with their worst, you should come at them with your best (advice given to Selena Gomez by her mother, quoted in Time magazine.)

Vandana,
    My apologies. In Tamil we always write it as Sivam only. My mistake. I should have gone to the site to see the correct spelling of Sivam(Shivam) in Satyam Shivam Sundaram. It was my overconfidence. Will ensure and avoid such mistakes in future.

No life without Sun

Sun,

It is very big of you, to own up to an error. You displayed the right spirit. It takes a lot of guts to admit to an error.

Thank you for announcing my name, but I think you did it in a haste. Had you waited, perhaps objections that surface now would have surfaced as queries and you'd not have to deal with this.

Anyway, worse errors were noticed in official contests. This is insignificant. in comparison, considering that it is only a 'fun' activity.

Thank you for the virtual gift!

"A love affair with knowledge will never end in heartbreak" - Michael Garrett Marino

Thank you Sun for your understanding.

The derisive and contemptuous attitude of Juana towards official contests was uncalled for.

When people come at you with their worst, you should come at them with your best (advice given to Selena Gomez by her mother, quoted in Time magazine.)

Vandana,

This is ridiculous.

My opinion obviously differs from yours. In my response, everything is in context. I wanted to convey that the error was no big deal; errors keep popping up all the time, even in contests. This was just an insignificant activity, created by a member.

Why does it (a fact mentioned by me) bother you so much? You'd be perfectly right to call my comments derisive and contemptuous if my claim were wrong. But, that isn't even the point. Why would you even go to the extent of dissecting my comment and come out as it being "derisive and contemptuous", instead of connecting it with the context?

Vandana and Juana,
    Cool down. It was not a big contest to worry or feel sorry. Vandana pointed out the error. Sun accepted and apologised. Juana appreciated and consoled SuN, and said the fact of the past contests. Why V and J entangle in a war of words?
    Let us move away from the Jallikattu field and rest.

No life without Sun

• Sign In to post your comments