You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Today, November 1st is the birthday of Kerala State.

In the year 1956 Government of India formulated a division of the nation based on languages spoken there. As a result the Malayalam speaking people came together in Kerala State. Earlier these people were spread in three different States, Travencore, Cochin and Madras. The portion came under Madras was known as Malabar. Malabar contained certain areas of the present Karnataka. Similarly Travencore contained some parts of present Tamilnadu also.

The present Kerala contains 14 districts. Kasargod is the northern district and Thiruvananthapuram the Southern one. It was on the first day of November 1956 the State was officially launched. Hence today is the 61st birthday of the State.
    Today is the Kerala Formation Day. Similarly, Today is the Formation day of Karnataka also. Today is Ap formation day also. All these states formed today only. In 1956 on 1st November Telugu speaking area of the then Madaras state is separated and t Andhra Pradesh formed as Kurnool as Capital. Later on, Hyderabad has become the capital. Again two years back Telangana got separated and AP is left out without a capital. still Ap is performing its formation day on November 1st only. But Telangana formation day is July 2nd. I wish all the citizen of all the states a happy formation day. Wish all the best to all the states. I hope Andhra will build its Capital soon and will have a world classcapital at the earliest.
    drrao
    always confident

I am in Bangalore. Today is holiday for all. Today is Karnataka foundation day. I think, both Kerala and Karnataka have 01 November as their birthday. I wish both the states 'A very happy birthday'.
    No life without Sun

Because of the Telugu Tiger 'Potti Sri Ramulu' sacrifice, the linguistic states were born. The Linguistic states are Andhra Pradesh(Telugu), Karnataka(Kannada), Tamil Nadu(Tamil), Kerala(Malayalam). The Madras state which comprises Telugu and Tamil people are separated that is why Tamil Nadu for Tamil and Andhra Pradesh for Telugu.
    A blunt knife or rusted knife can't be useful for anything just for the sake we call it as the knife similar to PayTM series or Sachin or Virat records.

Happy Formation Day wishes to all Keralites and Kannadigas across the world!
    'Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance'- Confucius

In fact had AP been united, today is the formation day for the united AP. But unfortunately the state has been bifurcated and the anniversaries are celebrated on different dates. Today also happens to be Rajotsav day of Karnataka state and glad to know today Kerala also celebrates its formation day. My best wishes to Keralites and Kannadigas.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Even in the residue Andhra Pradesh, it is the formation Day.
    A blunt knife or rusted knife can't be useful for anything just for the sake we call it as the knife similar to PayTM series or Sachin or Virat records.

On the Formation Day, I pray for peace and prosperity for the people of Karnataka and Kerala.
    Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

In Karnataka, we call it 'Kannada Rajyothsava' ( Big festival for Kannada, mother tongue of Karnataka). Happy state celebrations for the residents of Karnataka and Kerala.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.