You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

First woman DG-IGP of Karnataka: A proud moment.

Karnataka celebrated it's Kannada Rojyotsava (state formation day) yesterday with combined with another historical milestone. For the first time in the state's history, a woman is chosen to head the police.
    Neelamani N Raju has been appointed as Deputy director general and Inspector general of police, DG-IGP for the state. Belonging to the 1983 batch IPS officer, she has served in Karnataka for over 10 years. She's is currently the highest ranking officer in the state police department.

What a proud moment and an achievement that makes the gender bias gap narrower.
    A very proud moment. A lady occupying the highest ranking police department job is a very nice point to hear. Slowly the gender bias gap is reducing. These days ladies are proving their talent in all sorts of jobs. They are competing in all fields and overtaking the males many times in many ways. This is a welcome change. Many times ladies are proved to be better managers than gents. Their multitasking skills are appreciable. I wish and hope many such ladies will come up in their profession and lead from the front. My congratulations to Neelamani N Raju, who has been appointed as Deputy director general and Inspector general of police, DG-IGP for the state of Karnataka. I wish to see her doing fantastic improvements in the working styles of the department.
    drrao
    always confident

• Sign In to post your comments