You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Today, fourth november is day remembering Guru Nanak Ji

Today fourth november is celebrated as the Birth day of Guru Nanak. Guru Nanak lived as an example for Bakthi. His sayings as follows:
    * God is one whether we call Him in many names and different forms. we are all his son and tells that to work and earn by the sweat of the brow, to live a family way of life and practice truthfulness and honesty in all dealings by believing the term 'Dharam di kirat karni' to work.

* 'Truth is high but higher still is truthful living'.

* The noble man is one who always praises God and earns his livlihood with honesty. He must remember the Almighty

* earn with right measures and distribute his earnings among the needy.

*The noble man can easily overcome Kaama, krodha, Lobha, Moha and ahankaara (desire,aner,lust and greed, attachment and pride).

*To get rid of worries and anxieties we must have qualities of tolerance and sweetness.

* Hormony at home and in the world is possible with the power of Truth only.

We will remember His teachings on this day and follow his sayings in our life at least from today.
    Sincere thanks, Mr. Pattabiraman. I have been waiting for the whole day for a thread on the sacred 'Gurparab''. But when I didn't find even a single sentence on the great spiritual leader of India, I was going to initiate a thread. Just now, I find your thread. I am now elated.

On this auspicious day of Gurparab, I express my profound respect to the founding-father of the great religion, Sikhism. We must follow his advice of complete surrender before 'Waheguru' and service for humanity.

I wish all Members of ISC very best on the occasion of 'Gurparab'. May 'Waheguru' bless all.

Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

On the occasion of Guruparab I extend my warm greetings to all the people of Sikh Community across the world and In Hyderabad we could see whole some celebrations on this occasion at Afzalgunj and Secunderabad Gurudwaras in a great scale. Where ever we go the loud speaker would chant waheguru and that was soothing to hear. What I feel that Sikhism is the most tolerant and yet sober sect and people of this faith mind their own business without poking nose into other religious affairs. Probably they are following the preachings and teachings of Guru Nanakji on this occasion.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Our greetings to all the Sikh families and yes what simple yet noble teachings from Guru Nanakji.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.