You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

ISC must have at least one Editor who must raise threads and keep the forum going and alive.

Though the senior, regular members and also the new members are active in this forum in the recent past, sometimes this section suffers for want of good threads to be responded so that this forum gets its old glory. The new members may not have idea to raise good thread, the old and seniors might have run of ideas to raise new and good threads. In that case if a dedicated editor or editors are appointed only to raise some useful threads on daily basis, surely this forum would be vibrant and further visited by ever new users on INTERNET. Any support for this ?
    Mohan,
    Why one editor and one thread? All the editors are members too. Each editor should raise one thread each day. Editors of ISC should be extraordinary members and should be capable of thinking and creating well. In fact, editors should post messages and members should post their responses.

No life without Sun

Normal editors wont even visit this forum and hence a dedicated forum editor or editors can do justice.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Mr. Mohan: What would happen if the designated Editor also runs out of ideas like other senior Members (as mentioned in your thread)? Then who will raise new Forum posts? The problem (as mentioned by you) would continue.
    Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

If the appointed forum editor runs of ideas, then fresh editors can be considered and thus the forum goes running.
    K Mohan

Any Editor can post new threads as they are also members. There is no rule that only designated editor only has to do it. In my opinion, all editors should read the thread section and see that the section is always alive. But the quality of the threads is important. There is no use of raising time pass threads.
    drrao
    always confident

Mohan Ji, I am supporting.
    As you are the stalwart of the forum section, your voice will be heard more easily, I believe!
    SuN mentioned in his response that extraordinary members have extra ordinary thinking power.
    So, we can wait for 'out of the box' threads from those members!

Hope our editors got the message right here. Hope to see vibrant forum henceforth.
    K Mohan

The forum needs its daily dose of vitality to be infused in order to keep the forum magic going on maintain its freshness. Currently, members are posting but the problem is what looks like a good thread to an author/me may not be appealing to the rest.
    The second problem is the number of replies, I feel sad to see some posts getting 1-2 replies (Dr.Rao & you regular are the two to reply), it doesn't encourage the author to post more. I think to keep the forum going, we need more members to reply, even if its 2-3 lines, please reply it will keep us going.
    I agree with Mohan sir, we need one or two editors in turn editing or shaping the threads so that the message the author wants to convey is clearer. Of course, if there is one editor on a rotation basis who can post regularly, it would be more relevant and more useful.

• Sign In to post your comments