You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Winners

Active GD-Family is not always the most important thing in life today-Do you agree or not?- Winners.

We are now announcing the winners of the recently concluded Active GD on the topic Family is not the most important thing in life today- Do you agree or not?. It was heartening to note that we had many new members also participating actively in the debate. The way in which the discussion proceeded was encouraging, though a few more points could be brought out, and the participants have tried to prove their point of view on the given topic and could keep the debate active. Well done friends.

Taking the number of participants into consideration, it has been decided to award as follows after assessing all the responses and points put forth by the participants-

Best participants-
    1. Juana
    2. Venkiteswaran
    3. Chitra
    4. Joyshree
    5. Ramakrishna Kambhampati

Consolation Prize winners -
    1. Reena Upadhya
    2. Natarajan

Each of the Best Participants will get a cash reward of Rs 100/- each and the Consolation Prize winners will receive Rs 50/- each.

All other eligible members will also be rewarded additional points and cash credits to their best response posted.

Hope to see you all in the next GD too. Friends, please join me in congratulating the winners.
    My best wishes to Juana , Venkitshwaran, Chitra, Joyshree and Ramakrishna having won the best participants award and also applause to Reena for wining the consolation prize.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

My hearty congratulations to the winners of the best participants award namely Juana, Venkiteswaran, Chitra, Joyshree and Ramakrishna Kambhampati. My congratulations to also Reena for winning the consolation award.
    drrao
    always confident

Excellent news. Congratulations to top six winners and other participants, it was a lively discussion that was thoroughly thought porvoking.

Hearty congratulations to the winners of the best participants awards, Ms. Juana, Mr. Venkiteswaran, Ms. Chitra, Ms. Joyshree and Mr. Ramakrishna Kambhampati. Appreciations to Ms. Reena Upadhyafor winning the consolation award.
    Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

Congratulations, to all the winners, this is the first GD I have witnessed after joining so was not sure of how to proceed and conclude. It was fun reading all the points put forth by each individual, altogether it was a lively discussion.

Once again hearty wishes to all the winners!!

It was a wonderful discussion. Congratulations to all the winners.
    Regards
    Chitra
    "Do not give up, things might not favour you always"

Congratulations to all the winners of the GD.
    Do what inspires you !!

Friends, Natarajan is also one of the consolation prize winners. It was my mistake of not closing the tag properly that led to the confusion. My apologies for the same.
    'Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance'- Confucius

I had anticipated that there was some problem because of the phrase ''Consolation Prize winners'' and only one name under it.

Appreciation to Mr. Natarajan for the consolation prize.

Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

Congratulations to all the winners and consolation prize winners for securing top positions in this GD.
    Padmini

Living & Learning- simultaneous processes!

Thanks a lot Saji Ganesh for the update, glad to find my name. We had a request earlier to make the forum more vibrant. At times when things are dull, , request you to bring in such wonderful topics that need some thinking before we can reply.

It was a wonderful topic for GD. I first congratulate the editors who thought of including such topic which increased members participation. I congratulate all the winners and consolation prize winners and thank you editors for awarding me with consolation prize.

Yes, I agree that this was a really good topic for a GD - credit to Editor Saji for it. It really brought out a whole lot of aspects to the importance of family in one's life, inciting great debates from the participants. Well done to all and congratulations to all the winners!
    Keep smiling...one day life will get tired of upsetting you.

Congratulations to the winners and my best wishes to all the participants.

It was quite a controversial topic. The family is important for everyone and most often a priority.

Some of you might wonder at my very cynical and sinister stand, in the debate. My family means the world to me and I think family is important.

It was a debate and I chose to put my views in favour of the topic. And that was the most challenging part, to convincingly articulate my views, in favour of the motion, even though, I didn't expressly believe them to be fully correct. That is what debates are all about.

Congratulations to all the winners.

"A love affair with knowledge will never end in heartbreak" - Michael Garrett Marino

Congratulations to all the Best Participant winners Juana , Venkitshwaran, Chitra, Joyshree and the special consolation winners Reena Upadhya and Natarajan. Really the topic selected for the GD is very good and more participation of members in this GD makes it more interesting and more exciting. I felt very happy to be in the winner's list and for the proper recognition of my efforts I put in the GD discussion. I wish all the other participants of the GD.

The cash rewards and points for the Best Participants and the Consolation Prize winners have been credited.

Chitra, there was a mistake in crediting additional points and cc. The same has now been corrected. Sorry for the mix-up.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.