You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Reward Programs

E-book Contest 2 - queries

Registrations are now open for E-book Contest 2. In that thread, only express your interest to participate. In this thread you can post all queries related to the contest or any general comments/input - but no comments to be posted on the entries once those are submitted.
    Madam Vandana,
    What will be the title of the E-book? Unless you disclose the basic subject to be written, how can I think of writing something? Though I want to be number one to register my name, the question 'What to write?' stops my registration. Is it like my chain story writing?

No life without Sun

Sun,

Not knowing the title should not stop anybody from registering first. In fact, the one who registers first has a huge advantage of writing something at the start itself and not having to develop the story and thus think more! If self-confidence is lacking, then wait for others to register.

When people come at you with their worst, you should come at them with your best (advice given to Selena Gomez by her mother, quoted in Time magazine.)

I would like to participate. I am registering my name. I hope I would be able to manage to write a chapter containing 250-350 words.
    Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

Partha,

You have to register in the registration thread, not in this thread.

When people come at you with their worst, you should come at them with your best (advice given to Selena Gomez by her mother, quoted in Time magazine.)

I have also registered. I hope Vandana will give the list of participants as per the order so that there will not be any confusion on who after whom while announcing the subject for the E-book.
    drrao
    always confident

Okay. Done.
    No life without Sun

I have no idea about this ebook contest. can I get the query link of ebook contest-1. So that I can go through it and get back to registration.
    Sri Vetri
    Spread Positivism

Ms. Srimathi: Please click ''E-book Contest 2". That is the contest thread.

Srimathi,

The contest is this: you write a chapter for the e-book story, keeping in mind the title and how the story has been developed by the participants before you. You have to read the instructions which will be given in the contest announcement thread (this will be posted today) and submit your chapter in a response in that thread. When do you write your chapter? - when you register in the registration thread, you should submit your chapter in the order that your name appears there, within 24 hours of the previous chapter being submitted.

You can refer to the first contest's entries to get an idea of how it works.

Dr.N.V. Srinivasa Rao,

Taking up your sensible suggestion, I have put a list of the first 10 chapters in the registration thread so that members are aware of which chapter they will write and after whom. All participants are expected to be alert to check the main contest thread and submit their entry over there only.

I have started the plot of the story, hopeful to submit it before 11:00 tomorrow.

Submitted mine at 17:29

I have submitted the second chapter at 21:28 hours today (09.11.2017).

I am astonished to find that Mr. Natarajan has not submitted the third chapter within the stipulated 24 hours.

I'm sorry, due to unavoidable reasons missed the deadline, I've got around 175 words only , hence unable to post before the deadline. Good luck to the other participants.

I think I will have 24 hours time from 21.43 today. I will try to complete it before that time.
    drrao
    always confident

I have submitted my chapter at 10.06AM on 11.11.2017 ie today. Now, this is the turn of the next member.
    drrao
    always confident

I have submitted my chapter at 14.59 PM on 11-11-2017. Now its next members turn to submit a new chapter.
    "It is hardest thing in the world to be good thinker without being a good self examiner"

Dear ISC,
    AR failed to write in due time.
    I SuN also cannot write the chapter V within next 24 hrs, and I request the next author on the line to go ahead with chapter V.

My inability is owing to non availability of a gadget as I am on move with a small cell phone.

No life without Sun

Vandana,Sun declared that he can't submit the chapter at 3.41 PM. So the next member will have time up to tomorrow 3.41PM . But if the member may not see this thread. Then what happens. The member may ask for 24 hours from tomorrow afternoon?
    drrao
    always confident

Dr. Rao,

Participants are expected to keep tab of the threads related to the contest and follow the updates in them.

I have submitted my chapter at 15:00 hours today

Can I participate after 19th ? I have my exams going on but I'm interested.
    Can I register to the ebook on 19th?

The stronger a light shines the darker are the shadows around it.

Mr. Aditya Mohan: Although the final decision will be taken by the ME herself, I feel there is still some scope for the participants to join, particularly when two participating Members have dropped out. However, I think 19th will be late.

Please wait for final response from the ME.

Vandana mam, if there is still a chance in the next few days, I can write a chapter, please let me know. thanks

I have submitted my chapter at 09:12 AM today (14th Nov).
    Padmini

Living & Learning- simultaneous processes!

Fresh registrations will be allowed till midnight tonight. If there aren't any, then Tahi's entry will be the concluding chapter.

Submitted chapter - 8 at 15:00 hours today (14th Nov)

Posted my entry just now.
    Live life Kingsize!

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.